LG V20 or Pioneer XDP-300R?
Nov 21, 2016 at 9:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

chungjun

500+ Head-Fier
In the market for DAP or portable player.

Have been reading up and finding myself coming back/zooming in to two products of interest:-

LG V20 vs Pioneer XDP - 300R

On the one hand, I recognize that LG is a smart phone set-up and XDP300R is a dedicated player.

Will be interested to hear any views fellow members may have on the above. All comments and views welcomed. If you're in a rush, click on the Poll (above). Thanks.

Nov 22, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #2 of 3
Not sure how the V20 compares directly, but the LG G5 with the B&O module is a very good DAC, with a pitch black noise floor... but absolutely eats battery when the DAC/amp is active.  I am currently looking at standalone DAPs so I can actually have a phone that isn't in a perpetual low battery state.  I would expect the V20 to have slightly better battery life, but there's a reason you see DAPs with 4000mah+ batteries, and they don't even have to worry about all the extra drains of a phone.  

Nov 22, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #3 of 3
  Not sure how the V20 compares directly, but the LG G5 with the B&O module is a very good DAC, with a pitch black noise floor... but absolutely eats battery when the DAC/amp is active.  I am currently looking at standalone DAPs so I can actually have a phone that isn't in a perpetual low battery state.  I would expect the V20 to have slightly better battery life, but there's a reason you see DAPs with 4000mah+ batteries, and they don't even have to worry about all the extra drains of a phone.  

Thanks for sharing your experience WhiteKnite. I think you raised a good and practical point.. I would want my phone to have the juice to last the day and not worry about it as I enjoy the music - although, I suppose the work around may be to carry a spare battery to swap for the V20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back