LG Quadbeat 3 Impressions Thread
Sep 21, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #91 of 478
The Quadbeat 3 is truly an awesome sounding IEM for the price, definitely way above the MH1. There's much less mid bass bloat on the Quadbeat 3 compared to the MH1. Though the Quadbeat 3 IEM can't qualify as a neutral sounding IEM but it sure has a truly fun sounding signature with a nice & tight bottom that extends well without sacrificing the mids and highs. For the price I'll rate it the King of budget IEMs which puts many other over hyped IEMs to shame.

Sep 21, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #92 of 478
Can anyone compare these to any DUNU offerings? I need something that I can afford to lose that won't take a month to get another pair lol
am now in thailand a got to compare the qb3 vs the dunu dn2000j form g4 and fiio x5ii.. was considering buying the the dn2kj..long story short was happy with the qb3 and skipped the dunu.
The qb3 felt more balanced and beautifully pronounced. Mids are amazing on these. The dunu's mids are laid back and high are peaky for me.
Dont get me wrong i love clear sound.the bass on the qb3 is amazing when called for.
Only problem i have with the qb3 is that they tangle like crazy.
Oh and no large tips.
Once got some 3rd party tips in the game they came to full potential in an instant.

Sep 21, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #93 of 478
am now in thailand a got to compare the qb3 vs the dunu dn2000j form g4 and fiio x5ii.. was considering buying the the dn2kj..long story short was happy with the qb3 and skipped the dunu.
The qb3 felt more balanced and beautifully pronounced. Mids are amazing on these. The dunu's mids are laid back and high are peaky for me.
Dont get me wrong i love clear sound.the bass on the qb3 is amazing when called for.
Only problem i have with the qb3 is that they tangle like crazy.
Oh and no large tips.
Once got some 3rd party tips in the game they came to full potential in an instant.

Though I'm not a big fan of Spin Fit tips, I must say it pairs very well with the QB3.

Sep 28, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #96 of 478
Wow, these have a crap-ton of bass. Reminds me of my first horrible experience with the 20+ db boosted mh1c. I couldn't rip them out soon enough. Taped vents help but S200 tips greatly attenuate the bass while still leaving the vents open. I was considering gluing up the vents permanently but I'll give the S200's a go for a few days. Leaving the vents open seems to help keep the overall signature more open sounding through the midrange and treble. Might need to try some large S200's though; only have mediums at the moment.

Finally picked up some large S200 tips and they are doing the trick.  Bass is greatly reduced to respectable levels while still maintaining great extension in both directions. I still wish there was better balance between sub/deep bass and mid bass; the balance is tilted a good bit to sub/deep bass and it makes bass a little on the soft side and deep bass rumble masks mid bass impact and punch a little.  Otherwise pretty darn good and I really enjoy the treble presentation. To me, vocals are further back than the Tenore but not too bad.  I have no idea why they tune iems so incredibly bass heavy but very pleased after finding a good leaky seal.

Oct 4, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #97 of 478
Lost my first pair so got a second pair.

Bass is one of the best traits on these IMO. They kept the quick transients of the first two quadbeats and improved the balance with a more subbass oriented sound. Treble is nice and extended and mids are in just the right balance. The tenore in comparison, has muddier bass and peakier upper treble. Imaging is also very good, which is due to its bass transients and low distortion driver, That 4 layer diaphragm is doing its work. What I don't like is its midhighs, they're a bit too forward, so it's really unforgiving of poor recordings, but luckily this isn't accentuated too badly. My favorite tips are the Aveo tips which are cheap and easily available, most other tips make these too pesky in the midhighs.

Oct 5, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #98 of 478
I underestimated my pair and eartips in general :eek: because I've been skeptical about different ear tips resulting in sound differences, at least not to any major degree. I was using the medium stock tips because they were the most comfortable.

Then I decided to switch to my old Brainwavz Beta tips because they were the only ones I had that would fit and just to compare if there are any sonic differences. To my surprise there were: the other tips made the stock medium tips sound muddy in comparison and also reduced a lot of the upper mid harshness, but at the same time made another part of the upper mids or treble have this satisfying minor sharpness or spike (which is ironic because I like them to be smooth). However, the downside was that it reduced the soundstage on the furthest left and right sides and more importantly for me, it almost completely killed my beloved subbass and heft. I tested both tips by switching back and forth multiple times, with and without my previous EQ settings to confirm it wasn't my imagination. It was a tough choice between subbass and clarity/neutrality, but decided to stick with the Brainwavz tips.

A couple of days ago I revisited the stock LG QB3 small sized tips and this time I inserted them deeper in my ears so to have a better fit. These tips require more work to stabilize a good seal, but it pleasantly paid off :smile: it maintains my subbass, reduces the medium tips' upper mid harshness by 90% and maintains the Brainwavz tips' clarity (though without that minor sharpness), all without EQ! Obviously I'll still have to tweak it with EQ later, but it requires much less adjustments now and sounds overall more real. Soundstage is now more coherent and even, though still not as rounded as my Sony MH1. This is the closest IEM sound to my 2.1 speaker setup and even the bass tonality sounds similar to my subwoofer, but of course not in the same scale. I may like it better than my MH1 now.

I think the medium tips' harshness is mainly caused by my ears' resonance in relation to how the small tips are inserted deeper, meaning bypasses some of the reflections and hole is smaller of course on the smaller tips. With the medium tips they would sit "on" my ear, though surprisingly never were prone to being loose or falling off, so they're still the most comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back