LG Quad DAC Normal Hi-Fi Mode VS High Impedance Hi-Fi Mode
Jun 5, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #16 of 18
I'd asked around elsewhere as well, and it appears that you get all 4 DACs and/or "pipelines" regardless of the mode.

See here. Very awesome news!! :ksc75smile:

BTW if you root the phone you can just enable high impedance mode all the time. Won't be great for battery life but, well, this is Head-Fi. That was only really a problem back when the DAPs that started the post-iPod era wouldn't last all day and we didn't have powerbanks. Given how thin phones are and you could lug around a powerbank or put it in a battery case, anything short of forcing a portable unit to run in Class A (like some rollable op-amp DAC-HPamps) wouldn't really have a problem.

Jun 5, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #17 of 18
BTW if you root the phone you can just enable high impedance mode all the time. Won't be great for battery life but, well, this is Head-Fi. That was only really a problem back when the DAPs that started the post-iPod era wouldn't last all day and we didn't have powerbanks. Given how thin phones are and you could lug around a powerbank or put it in a battery case, anything short of forcing a portable unit to run in Class A (like some rollable op-amp DAC-HPamps) wouldn't really have a problem.

I rooted my phone once (HTC One M8). Never doing that again. Too much work. lol

Well according to that thread post, Aux is actually HIGHER than HIM, at least on one front. Which confuses me greatly. lol

Jun 6, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #18 of 18
How LG Quad Dac work is really a myth LOL and we need some experts from LG to explain to us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back