LG G8 ThinQ
Oct 9, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #47 of 58
Can you please advice if you still recommend to buy v50 or better v60 these days ? v50 is available at Eu, v60 not, so prefer to stay with v50 but maybe it is worth to go via customs taxes to order from US ? Or look for another brand audio wise ?

Jan 17, 2021 at 6:15 AM Post #48 of 58
i'm close to get lg g8 but little bit worried about it's size - i'm used to a bit wider phone (here is compare) and i'm using phone a lot for reading & writing, so wider display is important to me. what do you think how much would this a bit narrow display comparing to my old lenovo k51c78 affect me? lg g8s display size would be perfect for me if it would have proper dac. maybe some vivo model wider then g8, about the same price?

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #50 of 58
Hi all, would a g8 be able to sufficiently drive planars like Audeze LCD-2s or Dan Clark Aeon Closed? I will mostly stream MQA/Master quality through Tidal. Thanks!

No one asked but I'm just gonna share for future reference to whoever needs it :smile_phones:. Yes, the LG G8 drives the Audeze LCD-2 with flying colors and I'd imagine it would be the same with Dan Clarks which have lower impedance than the Audeze. Quad dacs FTW.

Mar 25, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #51 of 58
I've ordered an American model refurbished G8 with Android 9. Can anyone tell me does the phone pair well with the Solaris 2020?

I've had a V30 and noticed that IEMs can cause the high impedance mode to trip accidentally and blow your ears in the process. This bug seems to have been fixed in the V40 and 50 but those phones are a little on the large side for me. Any idea will the G8 be ok on that front? And is it broadly the same volume as the V30/40/50?

Many thanks to anyone who can assist

Mar 25, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #52 of 58
I've ordered an American model refurbished G8 with Android 9. Can anyone tell me does the phone pair well with the Solaris 2020?

I've had a V30 and noticed that IEMs can cause the high impedance mode to trip accidentally and blow your ears in the process. This bug seems to have been fixed in the V40 and 50 but those phones are a little on the large side for me. Any idea will the G8 be ok on that front? And is it broadly the same volume as the V30/40/50?

Many thanks to anyone who can assist
I strongly suggest if you got it for the audio prowess and you are on a carrier phone...... that you download Package Disabler Pro and take out all the entries for the software updates cuz you don't want this thing to auto-update to Android 10. Those older phones just work much better in Android 9.

Attachments

• Capture+_2021-03-25-18-25-35.png
    Capture+_2021-03-25-18-25-35.png
    262.2 KB · Views: 0
May 24, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #54 of 58
Just picked up a G8 locked to Sprint on Android 10. Bought UAPP. So far so good. I'm using the G8 as a media player only, any advice on what I should turn off/disable to maximize battery/minimize audio issues?

May 24, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #55 of 58
Unfortunately, that's pretty much their best use now...but they sure make a great media player. Until I literally just got my tube DAP, that's exactly what I was using my V for.

Disable mobile data for sure. Also dig into the network settings and turn mobile parameters to 2G only so if it tries it uses only minimum mobile network bandwidth.

Next hit notifications and disable all notifications of apps that may want to run while you're on Wi-Fi.

A strong recommendation to keep that a "simple media player" only is to get the app called Package Disabler Pro and you can individually pick all sorts of stuff to disable. I used it to successfully keep my carrier V40 device from updating to Android 10 for a year (loses native DSD playback when off 9).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back