LG G7 ThinQ DTS-X
Nov 26, 2021 at 6:50 PM Post #286 of 292
I am late to the party, but I got a brand new G710N, delivered for 190 EUR. I got a battery problem, it charges beyond 3 hours. Accubattery Pro shows 83% life after just 3 full charge/discharge cycles. I tried over 10 chargers and powerbanks and cables from top manufacturers...
It came with Android 9. No Bulgarian language, and some text is in Korean. My question is, does the Android 10 update really make battery life and camera worse, does the integrated music app stop using the Quad DAC? I read some things like these... please help me, as I want to buy a spare G7 for that price, to stock up. I have two brand new HTC 10 phones as well.

Nov 26, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #287 of 292
I am late to the party, but I got a brand new G710N, delivered for 190 EUR. I got a battery problem, it charges beyond 3 hours. Accubattery Pro shows 83% life after just 3 full charge/discharge cycles. I tried over 10 chargers and powerbanks and cables from top manufacturers...
It came with Android 9. No Bulgarian language, and some text is in Korean. My question is, does the Android 10 update really make battery life and camera worse, does the integrated music app stop using the Quad DAC? I read some things like these... please help me, as I want to buy a spare G7 for that price, to stock up. I have two brand new HTC 10 phones as well.
The dac can be activated in the same menu where you adjust the bright, only when you are using headphones. I recommend using the USB audio player, which can bypass the upsampling done by Android. About the battery, no idea.

The dac on our LG phones is still a good one, you just need to learn how to use your phone.

Nov 27, 2021 at 1:16 AM Post #288 of 292
Thanks, but this is easy and basic, the first thing I did. What I want to know is should I update to Android 10, since it would be difficult to revert back. LG UP is claimed to be able to downgrade. Some users even claim that the sound is compromised after Android 8.

Nov 27, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #291 of 292
Thanks, gents! How about the broken DSD playback after Android 10 update, then? A little clarification: I discovered that the phone was refurbished, I found the supplier. This is why the battery is at 79%. I also found a refurbished LG V500n. I really hope somebody has compared the two... although for lower end headphones like mine the difference might be minimal. I have Focal Listen Pro and CCA C12. I don't understand the hate for notches. I think the G7 would be ugly without one. The notch stops your look, like a frame, it makes you concentrate on the screen, I guess.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2021 at 8:48 PM Post #292 of 292
There has been talk that Android 9 or 10 upwards no longer supports DSD natively, so thay may affect you if you use those formats.

One trick that isn't well documented is that 44.1kHz 16bit audio goes throught the Qualcomm IC and is sample rate converted to 48kHz. However hi rez stuff goes directly to the DAC unchanged. An asynchronous sample rate converter can be transparent, so maybe this doesn't matter. But I am sure I can hear it, which indicates it is a lower quality converter, concentrating on low power rather than transparency.

So the trick is to convert all your FLAC 44.1kHz 16bit files to 24bit files. This can be done in one batch on your computer and costs nothing in memory on FLAC as long as you remember to disable any added dither. The resultant file will be bit perfect with added zeros, which are hidden by the lossless compression, and the 24 bit is put in the header of the file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back