LG G7 ThinQ DTS-X
Sep 17, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #256 of 292
Sorry... Evyrithng is alright except this kinds of files... This track isn't so loud as before...

Title: Haydn String Quartet In D, Op. 76, No. 5 - Finale - Presto
Artist: Engegård Quartet
Album artist:
Album: STRING QUARTETS vol. I Haydn - Solberg - Grieg
Year: 2008
Track number: 4
Disc number: 1
Genre: Art Music > Classical > Classical
Composer: Joseph Haydn
Duration: 00:03:36
Bitrate: 11078 Kbps
Sample rate: 352800 Hz
Resolution: 24-bit
Channels: 2
Original sample rate: 352800
Has replay track gain: false
Replay track gain: 0.0
Has replay album gain: false
Replay album gain: 0.0
Comment: The Engegård Quartet made their first appearance at the 2006 Lofoten International Music Festival. Inspired by the midnight sun, their musical landscape ranges from glowing core energy to the gentle lyrical sound of Norwegian nature. Edvard Grieg and Leif Solberg are natural choices for this Scandinavian quartet, complimented by the music of Joseph Haydn reflected in a Nordic atmosphere. The strong musical nerve is emphasized by an intense sound production by Lindberg Lyd. <br><br><strong>5.1 SURROUND + STEREO</strong> produced in DXD (Digital eXtreme Definition 352kHz/24bit) by Lindberg Lyd, Norway
Embedded art: yes
JPG in folder: IMAG4501~3.jpg, size = 2605 kB
File name: /storage/E0D9-EDCB/Muzyka HTC 10 KARTA/MUZYKA HI FI/2L-053_04_stereo-DXD.flac
Ok I think I have a solution for you.

Trick your phone into High impedance mode start playing the song of your choice continue playing the song of your choice minimize the app go to Firefox click on the top now once your keyboard pops up click the mic and say anything release mic let it do its thing Walla you're music should be playing at a higher volume level.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #257 of 292
Sorry... Evyrithng is alright except this kinds of files... This track isn't so loud as before...

Title: Haydn String Quartet In D, Op. 76, No. 5 - Finale - Presto
Artist: Engegård Quartet
Album artist:
Album: STRING QUARTETS vol. I Haydn - Solberg - Grieg
Year: 2008
Track number: 4
Disc number: 1
Genre: Art Music > Classical > Classical
Composer: Joseph Haydn
Duration: 00:03:36
Bitrate: 11078 Kbps
Sample rate: 352800 Hz
Resolution: 24-bit
Channels: 2
Original sample rate: 352800
Has replay track gain: false
Replay track gain: 0.0
Has replay album gain: false
Replay album gain: 0.0
Comment: The Engegård Quartet made their first appearance at the 2006 Lofoten International Music Festival. Inspired by the midnight sun, their musical landscape ranges from glowing core energy to the gentle lyrical sound of Norwegian nature. Edvard Grieg and Leif Solberg are natural choices for this Scandinavian quartet, complimented by the music of Joseph Haydn reflected in a Nordic atmosphere. The strong musical nerve is emphasized by an intense sound production by Lindberg Lyd. <br><br><strong>5.1 SURROUND + STEREO</strong> produced in DXD (Digital eXtreme Definition 352kHz/24bit) by Lindberg Lyd, Norway
Embedded art: yes
JPG in folder: IMAG4501~3.jpg, size = 2605 kB
File name: /storage/E0D9-EDCB/Muzyka HTC 10 KARTA/MUZYKA HI FI/2L-053_04_stereo-DXD.flac
Do you have Firefox installed on your phone.
Google doesn't work I just tried but Firefox it works 100% of the time for me so I made it easier to do by putting Firefox widget on my main screen as shown in the picture.
Also tidal also triggers the higher volume just play you music regularly and when the music is still playing open Tidal start playing any song then shut tidal and resume your regular music app.

I have the same problem with my v30+ and I think it a browser issue.
I don't know anymore than that. Screenshot_2019-09-17-12-42-20.png

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #258 of 292
Just got mine, powering my ws99bt pretty well.

I'm listening to some dark trance and oh boy, this hp never sounded this good before.

What is USB player most optimal settings? I activated bit perfect mode, mqa flag and 600 ms buffer. Dunno what else to tweak

Also digital filter setting doesn't seem to affect sound, is it because of bit perfect?

Ty in advance!

What a phone!

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019 at 5:24 AM Post #261 of 292
Hello. I am interested in the G7 Thinq. But I use an in-ear with 17 ohms.
One can read in the net of problems with headphones with low ohm value.
My V10 does not have any problems with the 17 ohms - does that really have such a drastic impact on the G7 Thinq?
Do I need a headphone amplifier with the G7?
No.

I have the G7 as well. It has an output impedance of 1.6ohms, which is just fine. The general guide is that the headphone impedance should be at least 8 times the amplifier's output impedance, so anything over 13ohms will be OK. I personally use it to drive Sony MH755s (impedance 16.75ohms, sens 100.5dB/mW) and have no problems at all.

Nov 5, 2019 at 5:39 AM Post #262 of 292
Does the LG G7 have a true AUX output?
Might help if you defined what you mean by "true AUX".

All the LG Quad DAC phones have three modes. The phones decides which mode to engage based on the impedance of the load it sees when the headphone is plugged in.
<50ohms: output capped at 0.5Vrms ("Normal impedance")
50-750ohms: output capped at 2Vrms ("High Impedance")
>750ohms: output capped at 1Vrms ("Aux mode")

In all modes, the output still varies depending on the volume setting of the phone, so "Aux mode" isn't the same as a fixed-level line-out , but since the volume control on these phones is done digitally this doesn't matter.

Nov 18, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #263 of 292
Anyone tried Philips Fidelio X2(HR) plugged directly into the phone? Even at max volume, it's way way too low. Also sounds tinny and lacking detail think because of the volume, can't really listen like that. Tricking the phone into Aux mode by pluging the cable first and attaching the X2 after is still a bit low but at least you can listen. Truth be told, even with the FiiO K3 connected to the desktop I need 70-80% volume if gain is off.

Could be that my X2s have some volume issues (they sound fine otherwise, I think) or this is normal for open backs? ATH-MSR7 are fine at about 60-65 volume and, in high impedance mode with Sennheiser HD 599 and the volume was too loud at max level, 60 out of 75 or less is enough. FiiO FH1 and KEF M100 are also ok volume wise, at about 65-70 for FiiO and 60-65 tops for KEF.

Nov 18, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #264 of 292
Anyone tried Philips Fidelio X2(HR) plugged directly into the phone? Even at max volume, it's way way too low. Also sounds tinny and lacking detail think because of the volume, can't really listen like that. Tricking the phone into Aux mode by pluging the cable first and attaching the X2 after is still a bit low but at least you can listen. Truth be told, even with the FiiO K3 connected to the desktop I need 70-80% volume if gain is off.

Could be that my X2s have some volume issues (they sound fine otherwise, I think) or this is normal for open backs? ATH-MSR7 are fine at about 60-65 volume and, in high impedance mode with Sennheiser HD 599 and the volume was too loud at max level, 60 out of 75 or less is enough. FiiO FH1 and KEF M100 are also ok volume wise, at about 65-70 for FiiO and 60-65 tops for KEF.
I listened to the X2HR plugged into my G7 Thinq just yesterday evening. Had plenty of volume reserve left. Maybe an issue with your cable?

Nov 18, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #265 of 292
I listened to the X2HR plugged into my G7 Thinq just yesterday evening. Had plenty of volume reserve left. Maybe an issue with your cable?
So there might be something wrong with the X2s or the cable. What does plenty of volume left means? Out of 75. And you just plugged them in, not tricking the phone to go into AUX mode or anything, right? Maybe it's my hearing as I run most headphones or IEMs between 60 and 70 volume, out of 75. And my wife has the same phone as far as volume is concerned is identical to mine.

If you have other closed back headphones of similar impedance, do you run the X2 at roughly the same volume level? As I said above, I run the X2 at about 25% higher volume than ATH MSR7 and Sennheiser HD 569. I did suspect that could be something wrong with it but thought it was only me not being used with open backs at all until now (and not caring about headphones either until recently).

Thanks for the help, this is really useful infor for me!

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #266 of 292
So there might be something wrong with the X2s or the cable. What does plenty of volume left means? Out of 75. And you just plugged them in, not tricking the phone to go into AUX mode or anything, right? Maybe it's my hearing as I run most headphones or IEMs between 60 and 70 volume, out of 75. And my wife has the same phone as far as volume is concerned is identical to mine.

If you have other closed back headphones of similar impedance, do you run the X2 at roughly the same volume level? As I said above, I run the X2 at about 25% higher volume than ATH MSR7 and Sennheiser HD 569. I did suspect that could be something wrong with it but thought it was only me not being used with open backs at all until now (and not caring about headphones either until recently).

Thanks for the help, this is really useful infor for me!
I just came home from the gym, and had my Wireless earphones in for around 3 hours non stop. That means that my ears are already a little deafened. So I just plugged in my X2HR (without tricking) and found 60-62 a comfortable listening volume. I can go up to 70, but that's already quite painful for my eardrums. If that's your usual listening volume, your hearing may already be impaired.

Nov 18, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #267 of 292
I just came home from the gym, and had my Wireless earphones in for around 3 hours non stop. That means that my ears are already a little deafened. So I just plugged in my X2HR (without tricking) and found 60-62 a comfortable listening volume. I can go up to 70, but that's already quite painful for my eardrums. If that's your usual listening volume, your hearing may already be impaired.
Thank you for the info. Actually looked up some hearing loss symptoms and I don't think I have any. Also took 3 quick online tests (I know, I know, they are not really that accurate) and scored on the very high end of all.

Just connected the same X2 headphones to the Audioengine D3 and at 35-40 (out of 100) volume is about the same loudness level compared to the G7 at max (75 out of 75). Exactly the same for my wife's G7 and for my friend's V30 (which has the same DAC, I think). Audioengine D3 at 100% is unbearable (stopped it in a split seond) and the 70% is too high. A confortable to a bit high level would be around 55% for the X2 and 40% for the ATH-MSR7. Not really sure what to make of this info except to conclude that the G7 in normal mode is way too low with the X2.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #269 of 292
Which Audio player are you using? Maybe some volume restriction/normalisation is applied there?
About that... It's TIdal HiFi and Spotify Premium, both with Loudness Normalisation Off. On the damn desktop apps! Since 90%+ of my music listening is at the computer, i guess I somehow assumed it's account dependant and never checked on phone apps. Where, of course, it was ON. And for some songs, those I listened to today, it makes quite a difference volume wise.

Edit: just tested with the KEF M100 IEMs, way bigger difference for some songs, 75 is ear splitting now and 55 is about right for most songs.

Thanks a lot man! (and let's keep it between us, shall we?)

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #270 of 292
Hi guys. I would appreciate your help here:

Before updating to Android Pie, Tidal Offline was working fine on my G7, but now the song plays for around 1 min and suddenly stops. It does not happen when online. Does not happen either in my iphone. I have tried logging out and back in and re-installing the app, but same problem. I contacted Tidal but no response.

Anybody can help me please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back