LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ?
Apr 10, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #453 of 1,050
Hey guys. I'm here to deliver some extremely sad news. While reading Android Authority (fairly reliable source) I noticed this part about his review of B&O dac:

So in short womp womp womp. Oh well there is always gigantic V10 I guess, or maybe International version of G5 or HTC10 or magical Chinese unicorn >< 

Wow.LG are trying to pull a fast one by withholding this information.That is low.I dont respect these business tactics.

Apr 10, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #454 of 1,050
so I had a chance to compare the s7 edge to the g5.  Used se 846 straight streaming amazon music, as it was on both phones.  My impression was the g5 sounded better.  The sound was crisper.  Bass on the s7 was more muddled.  It was not dramatic, but noticeable.

Apr 10, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #455 of 1,050
  so I had a chance to compare the s7 edge to the g5.  Used se 846 straight streaming amazon music, as it was on both phones.  My impression was the g5 sounded better.  The sound was crisper.  Bass on the s7 was more muddled.  It was not dramatic, but noticeable.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing jklass. It just reinforces my previous statement that Samsung (despite using Wolfson DACs ((mobile versions of them anyway)) in their phones) doesn't really care all that much about sound quality with their phones. The fact that most people who buy phones don't all that much either really doesn't help. lol I'm sure headphone-wise the HTC 10 won't disappoint either. 

Apr 10, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #456 of 1,050
Also, because there really is nothing on tv right now for me, I just spoke to LG again.  Now the rep says that if I bought the hi fi module outside the US, there should be no problem with it being compatible here.  This is quite confusing.

Apr 10, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #457 of 1,050
  Also, because there really is nothing on tv right now for me, I just spoke to LG again.  Now the rep says that if I bought the hi fi module outside the US, there should be no problem with it being compatible here.  This is quite confusing.

lol

So if someone bought it from the seller "Ecomade Arena", listed on this Amazon page, who (Arena) ships from South Korea, then it would work with the G5 (and other phones)? lol 

Yeah I dunno. They could've just said that because they didn't wanna admit they didn't know. lol Or perhaps it really will work?? 

Apr 10, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #458 of 1,050
I know.  Tempted to buy it through amazon.  At least they have a reasonable return policy.  I also e-mailed mobile fun and asked them if they know the answer.  It would have to be a software issue.  But would LG really block it?  Decisions.

Apr 10, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #459 of 1,050
  I know.  Tempted to buy it through amazon.  At least they have a reasonable return policy.  I also e-mailed mobile fun and asked them if they know the answer.  It would have to be a software issue.  But would LG really block it?  Decisions.

Yeah I dunno. If your LG G5 is int'l then it should work I guess. But if U.S. then it's up in the air. lol 

Let us know if you do buy it and how it sounds, etc. 

Apr 11, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #460 of 1,050
If the US version does work with the dac I WILL be buying the G5 immediately !! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 11, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #462 of 1,050
Hi guys. Apparently there is a short article on AA concerning the B&O module availability. Looks like they have reached to LG and the only thing that LG said to them was "At this time, we don’t have an availability date set for the Hi-Fi DAC, and so don’t have timing to share. As soon as we have an update, we will follow up.". It's like watching House of Cards of Cell Phones -  "currently we can't confirm or deny anything"

Apr 11, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #463 of 1,050
Hi guys. Apparently there is a short article on AA concerning the B&O module availability. Looks like they have reached to LG and the only thing that LG said to them was "At this time, we don’t have an availability date set for the Hi-Fi DAC, and so don’t have timing to share. As soon as we have an update, we will follow up.". It's like watching House of Cards of Cell Phones -  "currently we can't confirm or deny anything"

Hilarious. Ok thx for sharing alienden.

Apr 11, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #464 of 1,050
Originally Posted by RockStar2005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

lol

So if someone bought it from the seller "Ecomade Arena", listed on this Amazon page, who (Arena) ships from South Korea, then it would work with the G5 (and other phones)? lol 

Yeah I dunno. They could've just said that because they didn't wanna admit they didn't know. lol Or perhaps it really will work?? 

Ordered from Ecomade Arena for my US device already. will have in at 4:30 PST when I get home from work. Will test, will report! Guinea pig FTW!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back