LG G2 with native 24/192 music playback
Aug 7, 2013 at 12:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 48

Mcberto

100+ Head-Fier
This phone was just announced with this feature. I was wondering if this is an unique feature or is it first of it kind?

If this is new, does it mean that the smartphone industry is finally going to focus on the sound quality in their future devices?

I want to hear your thoughts.

Aug 7, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #2 of 48
Aug 7, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #3 of 48
apparently this phone does not have a mSD slot. You will be stuck at 16 or 32. I have 64 in my old phone. While 64 allows me to load a great deal more music than I get around to listening to, I don't think I want to go back to 32. They "might" come out with a 64 in the future, but we all know how that goes.
It has no removable battery, but I use juice packs now. They are cheap and you can stash them in different places.

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #4 of 48
apparently this phone does not have a mSD slot. You will be stuck at 16 or 32. I have 64 in my old phone. While 64 allows me to load a great deal more music than I get around to listening to, I don't think I want to go back to 32. They "might" come out with a 64 in the future, but we all know how that goes.
It has no removable battery, but I use juice packs now. They are cheap and you can stash them in different places.

Aug 8, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #6 of 48
I'm not too sure about the button placement on the back of the device. It seems like you'd end up hitting the power button or volume rocker every time you brush your leg against something.

If that ends up being a non-issue, this phone does look promising. Maybe we'll see some dedicated audio circuitry/amplification in there.

Aug 10, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #7 of 48
Quote:

There is a KOREAN version of the G2 that has a MicroSD card !  
biggrin.gif

Aug 19, 2013 at 3:17 AM Post #9 of 48
Quote:
Just bought my G2 in black (korea), and yes it has micro SD slot =)
I am yet to compare the quality of sound with other players.

I am interested in getting this phone too. Nice to know it has SD slot.

Anxious about your comparison...

Can you check if it accepts USB OTG?

Sep 13, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #12 of 48
I am going to go check out the AT&T one later today, will report back.

It really is pretty goofy to support 192, but only have 32 GB (in US models), which translates into 20-something GB for apps and music.

Sep 13, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #13 of 48
They would probably tell you to use the cloud...even though Google Music only streams in 256kbps max.

Quote:
  I am going to go check out the AT&T one later today, will report back.

It really is pretty goofy to support 192, but only have 32 GB (in US models), which translates into 20-something GB for apps and music.

Sep 20, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #14 of 48
So... has someone tested if it really allow native OTG support and playback of 24/192 (or at least 24/96) through an EXTERNAL USB DAC without down-sampling ? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back