LF non sound leaking headphones, bass a slight priority
Jul 3, 2017 at 2:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Installation

100+ Head-Fier
Hi!

As anyone, I'm wanting some rather bassy headphones, but what has to also be present is pretty much 0 sound leakage. I've got a pair of V-moda 100s which I'd say are quite bassy, but I wouldn't say no to more (who would) - on all other fronts I love them, but they leak so much sound.

So if anyone can use those as a reference it'd be super helpful. I'm looking at between £100-200 really, nothing more at all. And willing to buy used, I'm in the UK.

Thanks

Jul 3, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #2 of 5
Hi!

As anyone, I'm wanting some rather bassy headphones, but what has to also be present is pretty much 0 sound leakage. I've got a pair of V-moda 100s which I'd say are quite bassy, but I wouldn't say no to more (who would) - on all other fronts I love them, but they leak so much sound.

So if anyone can use those as a reference it'd be super helpful. I'm looking at between £100-200 really, nothing more at all. And willing to buy used, I'm in the UK.

Thanks
There is no over-ear closed that leaks zero sound. That's a unicorn. Personally, I would say in no particular order, DT770, HD280 Pro, and M50x all isolate pretty darn well. DT770 and M50x have solid bass extension (some people consider the M50x to have somewhat bloated bass). The only thing you need to know about the DT770 is that the treble is pretty markedly up-tilted and, for some people, sibilant. Just fyi. That said, if you are looking for ultimate isolation, you should probably be looking at IEM's. Something like an hf5 would work very nicely.

Jul 3, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #3 of 5
Cheers. Well I'll take a look, i have no idea how well the v modas are meant to isolate, so I can't really compare right now.

I guess I'm not fussed about iems instead, so long as they follow the same criteria, I do have some very bassy ones already though.

Jul 3, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #4 of 5
There is no over-ear closed that leaks zero sound. That's a unicorn. Personally, I would say in no particular order, DT770, HD280 Pro, and M50x all isolate pretty darn well. DT770 and M50x have solid bass extension (some people consider the M50x to have somewhat bloated bass). The only thing you need to know about the DT770 is that the treble is pretty markedly up-tilted and, for some people, sibilant. Just fyi. That said, if you are looking for ultimate isolation, you should probably be looking at IEM's. Something like an hf5 would work very nicely.

As a dt770 owner, I agree with this. Good isolation - I can wear mine and have my toddler asleep on me at the same time.

Finding somewhere to try before you buy is challenging in the UK, but I'm happy enough with the punt I took on mine.

Jul 3, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #5 of 5
Ah cheers, I think I might be able to try some, I'll give it a shot. They've got favourable reviews generally too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back