LF good Hip Hop closed Cans!
Feb 23, 2009 at 11:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Nihility

100+ Head-Fier
My girlfriend has taken very good care of me the last week, ive had strep AND the flu, and a lot of the time she spent doing homework she had her crappy $20 philips clip on headphones on, and as i look at my grados and ultrasones i can only feel inclined to order her a pair as sort of a thank you gift/you need good headphones gift.

I was thinking a pair of audio-technicas or something. the "dj-style" headphones she seems to like the most, aka a kind she can fold up and throw in her bag or put around her neck and angle the drivers flat so they're more comfortable (her old big pair of headphones broke cause they were crap and *o.O skullcandy -vomits (and not from the flu!)*

so im looking for a sub retail $150 pair of cans (or anything i can get around $100 on ebay) that are good for hip hop and the occational metal song (she listens to mainly Sage Francis, Aesop Rock, Atmosphere, etc.
No need for boomy bass like 770's but a little kick is good.

Maybe some low end Ultrasones (she loves my 750's) or "dj" style cans or some sort like RP-21's or the DJ audio technica's

thanks in advance!
~Paul

Feb 23, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #3 of 4
how about Audio Technica ES7?

Feb 24, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #4 of 4
ES7 seems to be more geared toward rock because of a bright and forward sound while the d1001 is a more warm and smooth sounding headphone better for hip hop. ill find out for myself soon enough when i get the the denons and audition the es7's soon after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back