[LF Advice] Welp, ATH-M50x's died so I thought I'd go big...
Dec 19, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #17 of 22
read the discription, dont just look at the pictures like a kid
Unless they ship it as a gift which I doubt they’d do since it’s a criminal offence - as I said before I’m going to have to pay an unreasonably high rate on it to ship it to the UK (customs duty, import duty... ) so that’s why I didn’t bother reading the full description - because it’s just irrelevant either way. If there’s a British seller that does this specific modification though then I’d be interested.

Dec 21, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #19 of 22
hey hey hey, don't hate the player, hate the game

Either way, I've checked out a couple reviews online and it seems like you still need a pretty strong amp/dac to power even the modded t50rp's to a good volume, especially for quiet music. So even if I wanted to pay the 20% or whatever it was on top of shipping and probably some other fees, idk if it's worth.

Dec 21, 2017 at 5:38 AM Post #20 of 22
Dec 21, 2017 at 6:15 AM Post #21 of 22
There's a sale for the HE400i in the UK. Helps you avoid customs fees which are ridiculous there...
For the DAC/Amp, you can buy straight from Schiit distributor in the UK.

Schiit: https://schiit.eu.com
He400i: https://www.amazon.co.uk/HIFIMAN-HE400i-Full-Size-Magnetic-Headphone/dp/B00NTPNGF4

Regarding the issue with the connector, I believe that was with the old HE400i connector. They switched to 2.5mm a while back I believe so it shouldn't have the same issue.
Oh , right I wasn't aware of that, that changes things completely! I'll most likely be getting those then, thanks for informing me :D. For the dac/amp, you think the fulla 2 is best then?

Dec 21, 2017 at 6:24 AM Post #22 of 22
Oh , right I wasn't aware of that, that changes things completely! I'll most likely be getting those then, thanks for informing me :D. For the dac/amp, you think the fulla 2 is best then?

Well, it’s within your budget and suits your need. Unless you feel like spending more money, I think they will work fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back