Lexicon Omega DAC/ADC/amp
Apr 9, 2012 at 3:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

soldier9599

New Head-Fier
I've been in the market for what I figured would be my first DAC/amp combo but I recently found this old Lexicon Omega (they seem to still sell exactly the same model for $150). I use it to record music but I plugged in my headphones and listened to some CD quality audio in my PC and was amazed by the improvement over my laptop's built in sound card. I'm wondering does anyone have experience with this device? This thing definitely has some juice to it. I have the volume on 20% and it's plenty, any more than 40% is way too loud. I'm only listening now on my Audio Technica ATH-ANC7's, but I plan on getting AKG Q701's and I'm starting to wonder if I really need to throw down extra dough on something like a Fiio E9/E17 combo. Opinions?

Apr 10, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #2 of 3
i have the Lexicon Lambda and it sounded pretty nice when i heard my own recordings but it never dawned on me to listen to it as a DAC 

i'll do some comparisons with my Leckerton UHA-4 and see how nice it really is...

Apr 28, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #3 of 3
How did this go? Honesty I'm feeling pretty good about my Omega and I'm thinking I'll just go ahead and get the headphones only. It works wonders with my audio technicas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back