LETSHUOER S12 - Next big planar? (Impressions & Discussion)
Jul 19, 2022 at 12:47 PM Post #1,097 of 1,906
Does anyone know what inside and outside diameter for the S12 nozzle/S12 filter? I'd like to purchase some "debris" filters before my S12 arrives.

TIA!

Jul 19, 2022 at 2:31 PM Post #1,098 of 1,906
Yeah I love metal man. I play it, have since I was a teenager. I play more in the thrash/hardcore style but I know the way its supposed to sound very well. Yes this tuning is one of the only ones that does stupid well with metal. SA6 might be a bit much.. its more reference style. Metal needs a good amount of low mids and high bass to sound thick and correct.
Great to hear this, I was kinda weary about piercing the vents as shown in your video and was going to pass on this step of the mod, but hell, it would be well worth it if the end result is so spectacular. And interesting, I heard a lot about SA6’s smoothness, richness and beefiness of the sound, including their low end, so I thought they would be pretty much the optimal choice for extreme metal, maybe not. I am basically looking for an upgrade of Tin Hifi T3+ and its sound signature, maybe the modded S12 will fit the glove perfectly, thanks.

Jul 19, 2022 at 4:11 PM Post #1,099 of 1,906
I have added S12 to the basket but im bit afraid to click the buy button. Alot of reviewers are saying that treble is bit high. Im worried that i will find the sound uncomfortable because i dont like loud treble. I listen to alot of EDM and bit hip hop. Maybe i should wait for other Planar iem or should i just get the s12? Is there any tips, cable or something else that will soften the treble? i am buying from hifigo.

Jul 19, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #1,100 of 1,906
How are they on sizing. Is the medium a true medium. Usually a good fit for me but have come across a few that are smaller. Could you also comment on that in relation to the insertion depth of the S12. Would you recommend a 1/2 size up on these since folks are saying they're a shallower fit?

Well, the Max fits exactly like the Crystal and the Xelastic. If you’ve tried either of those you know the fit. They make it in two versions at the moment, one for standard IEMs and one for short stem TWS. Personally, I wouldn’t say they’re a shallow fit. They’re not as deep as the SpinFit CP145, but few are. I’d say their depth is about average. As far as sizing goes, I’d go true to size. If anything they run just a tad larger than average.

Jul 19, 2022 at 10:35 PM Post #1,101 of 1,906
I have added S12 to the basket but im bit afraid to click the buy button. Alot of reviewers are saying that treble is bit high. Im worried that i will find the sound uncomfortable because i dont like loud treble. I listen to alot of EDM and bit hip hop. Maybe i should wait for other Planar iem or should i just get the s12? Is there any tips, cable or something else that will soften the treble? i am buying from hifigo.
If you have a recent Android phone you can use the free wavelet app to EQ the sound signature. I'm sure others will give suggestions on how to change the sound using different tips/mods.

Jul 20, 2022 at 3:03 AM Post #1,102 of 1,906
I’ve heard Timeless, S12, Hook-X and Dioko, but only have Dioko on hand. (Awaiting replacement Qudelix, yet to order replacement IEM)

But only played with EQing the S12 in detail. With a tweaked FR it was the best thing I’ve ever heard especially the bass.

Just wondering with any pundits here have played around with EQing the Hook-X? The S12 with an Harmann like bass shelf is simply addictive and I wonder if it’s possible to replicate it with the Hook

Edit: Could just get an S12 but wanted to explore possibilities and I’m not confident of snagging the Z12 when they are eventually released.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2022 at 6:37 AM Post #1,103 of 1,906
If you have a recent Android phone you can use the free wavelet app to EQ the sound signature. I'm sure others will give suggestions on how to change the sound using different tips/mods.
yep already have a few templates made which are fantastic, no need to mod

Jul 20, 2022 at 9:01 AM Post #1,104 of 1,906
So I'm pretty sure the driver on my right side is going. Certain sounds are like a blown speaker, it's pretty bad. Some albums are unlistenable (The Antlers - 'Burst Apart, Beach House - 'Teen Dream', The National - 'I Am Easy to Find'). This is the pair they sent me after my first pair fell apart. I guess I have to contact them to see if they'll replace the replacement?

I guess I'm just really unlucky here? I don't beat on the things; I just listen to them. Hell, I don't even amplify them. I just play them out of my NW-A55 and that's it.

This is a huge bummer. I feel bad having to ask them to help me out again but I don't know what else to do.

Jul 20, 2022 at 9:09 AM Post #1,105 of 1,906
So I'm pretty sure the driver on my right side is going. Certain sounds are like a blown speaker, it's pretty bad. Some albums are unlistenable (The Antlers - 'Burst Apart, Beach House - 'Teen Dream', The National - 'I Am Easy to Find'). This is the pair they sent me after my first pair fell apart. I guess I have to contact them to see if they'll replace the replacement?

I guess I'm just really unlucky here? I don't beat on the things; I just listen to them. Hell, I don't even amplify them. I just play them out of my NW-A55 and that's it.

This is a huge bummer. I feel bad having to ask them to help me out again but I don't know what else to do.
Are you referring to the S12?

Jul 20, 2022 at 9:12 AM Post #1,106 of 1,906
Are you referring to the S12?

Yes.

EDIT: Okay, this is really weird. I came back and listened to them through my computer with some FLAC files to make sure it wasn't the player or a certain mp3 and they sounded okay so I went back to the my DAP and now they sound fine. This is so odd. I just went for a jog and I literally had to change albums three times because I kept hearing this scratchy, blown speaker type sound in certain songs at specific frequencies, only in the right IEM. And yet it's gone now? I am at a total loss...

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2022 at 9:42 AM Post #1,107 of 1,906
Yes.

EDIT: Okay, this is really weird. I came back and listened to them through my computer with some FLAC files to make sure it wasn't the player or a certain mp3 and they sounded okay so I went back to the my DAP and now they sound fine. This is so odd. I just went for a jog and I literally had to change albums three times because I kept hearing this scratchy, blown speaker type sound in certain songs at specific frequencies, only in the right IEM. And yet it's gone now? I am at a total loss...

Could it have gotten some moisture in the housing?

Jul 20, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #1,109 of 1,906
Yes.

Could be some condensation issue or the connection between the IEMs and cable went lose I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back