LETSHUOER S12 - Next big planar? (Impressions & Discussion)
May 24, 2022 at 9:24 AM Post #842 of 1,906
What did you EQ?
The S12
I’m not great at fiddling with the PEQ.
However I autoEQd to the Harmann target and left out any input above 5k.
Since it’s her set I tried out a few of the wife’s presets which were variations of the Harmann target with a bit more upper bass and treble tuned by ear.
Been going through my playlists ever since.

Last edited:
May 24, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #843 of 1,906
The S12
I’m not great at fiddling with the PEQ.
However I autoEQd to the Harmann target and left out any input above 5k.
Since it’s her set I tried out a few of the wife’s presets which were variations of the Harmann target with a bit more upper bass and treble tuned by ear.
Been going through my playlists ever since.
Funny thing is I EQ'd the Timeless to Harman but left the S12 alone. No interest in EQ'ing it at all. I actually think you need the midbass on the S12 because the driver is so quick that it starts to feel thin with Harman. It somehow separates the slam (the annoying part) from the auditory portion of mid-bass.

I don't know what magic Shuoer did but it's stock tuning doesn't offend me in the way the Timeless' did which is very strange looking at the FR for both.

May 24, 2022 at 10:12 PM Post #844 of 1,906
For my personal taste I EQ out a bit of energy at about 2.8khz and 4.4khz
Screenshot_2022-05-25-10-38-41-46.png

Last edited:
May 24, 2022 at 10:45 PM Post #845 of 1,906
Funny thing is I EQ'd the Timeless to Harman but left the S12 alone. No interest in EQ'ing it at all. I actually think you need the midbass on the S12 because the driver is so quick that it starts to feel thin with Harman. It somehow separates the slam (the annoying part) from the auditory portion of mid-bass.

I don't know what magic Shuoer did but it's stock tuning doesn't offend me in the way the Timeless' did which is very strange looking at the FR for both.
Agree with this, possibly the first IEM/ Headphone/ speaker I've ever used where I wasn't constantly fiddling with EQ to try and balance something or remove something.

I adore the stock tonality of the S12, maaaaybe a small gripe on crashing cymbols sounding a bit off. That's just IEM's in general for me though.

May 24, 2022 at 10:55 PM Post #846 of 1,906
For my personal taste I EQ out a bit of energy at about 2.8khz and 4.4khz
I'll give this a try. Last time I tried something like this, I felt like it took away a bit of the guitar bite.
Agree with this, possibly the first IEM/ Headphone/ speaker I've ever used where I wasn't constantly fiddling with EQ to try and balance something or remove something.

I adore the stock tonality of the S12, maaaaybe a small gripe on crashing cymbols sounding a bit off. That's just IEM's in general for me though.
Definitely agree on cymbals! Just came up a couple days ago elsewhere. That's the last piece of the pie missing. I've tried to AutoEq to other TOTL and didn't even last 5 minutes. Almost certain it's the driver. This tuning on a DD would be a bloated/sibilant mess for me. It's almost like they listened to it when they tuned it.

Last edited:
May 25, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #847 of 1,906

For me I just REALLY like the way my Variations sound. But when the S12 is made to mimic the Variations, some parts of it to my ears does it better than the real thing.

May 25, 2022 at 10:19 PM Post #848 of 1,906
IMG20220526101641.jpg

My first ever iem to fall apart. Happened when taking out of my ear. Has been looked after for the month I've had it. Always carried around in a case.

May 25, 2022 at 11:54 PM Post #850 of 1,906
Nice. Was it easy to push back together? This IEM looks more repairable than an AirPods Pro by a factor of…about a billion.
Will need gluing as doesn't stay together now.

May 26, 2022 at 1:32 AM Post #851 of 1,906

My first ever iem to fall apart. Happened when taking out of my ear. Has been looked after for the month I've had it. Always carried around in a case.
Damn, I thought these were very solid little IEMs...
Have you messaged LETSHUOER about this? I'd recommend it because they have good customer service and may offer a replacement or something

Last edited:
May 26, 2022 at 2:11 AM Post #852 of 1,906
Nice. Was it easy to push back together? This IEM looks more repairable than an AirPods Pro by a factor of…about a billion.
the thing is airpods dont fall apart like this...Id take their build over s12 anyday, these do fall apart a lot it seems.

May 26, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #855 of 1,906
I picked these up, as I have always been intrigued by Planar drivers (I have a set of Hifiman 4xx, and DCA Aeon RT Closed and love them both). The only other IEMs I have used in the past are the Nuforce HEM8 (which the S12 completely obliterate as far as tonality and accuracy). I have been listening to mostly Master albums on Tidal through my Fiio M11, and the S12 have blown me away. I have been listening to music a lot more than I was up until now. For the price, I would say they have been well worth it. I have had no durability issues (yet), but I toss the pouch in my bag for transporting and have dropped them a few times onto my desk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back