LETSHUOER S12 - Next big planar? (Impressions & Discussion)
Feb 28, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #541 of 1,906
Technical informations were just to help if needed. But i just enjoy music

Feb 28, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #542 of 1,906
Got them today and you know what?... I'm happy! These sounds pretty good, just needed about an hour to open up.
Great ones... tested with Pc and shanling up2, hiby r3 saber, and now with Phone/Btr3k, excellent!
Using a balanced silver cable, spinfit CP100.
Thanks to the ones helped me decide to buy them🤘
Wow....so happy you like them. They do seem to divide people. I really love them. Did you try them with the stock cable? They do burn in over time as burn in and brain burn in meet each other. Enjoy.
Steve

Feb 28, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #543 of 1,906
Wow....so happy you like them. They do seem to divide people. I really love them. Did you try them with the stock cable? They do burn in over time as burn in and brain burn in meet each other. Enjoy.
Steve
I don't Have any dac/dap with 4.4 jack. That's why i did not tried stock cable.
I agree that they seem to burn over time, and i think not only in my head.
I see no reason to divide people as i find them very musical, can satisfy treble/bass/miss heads.
Some say they lack in separation, imaging or they are too bassy or too shouty!
Maybe my ears are dead as i don't feel they lack anything.
They just aren't in the hype train😉, still a good choice for who knows...now.

Feb 28, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #544 of 1,906
As an exemple, Kbear Believe hype train started when they were discontinued!

Feb 28, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #545 of 1,906
I don't Have any dac/dap with 4.4 jack. That's why i did not tried stock cable.
I agree that they seem to burn over time, and i think not only in my head.
I see no reason to divide people as i find them very musical, can satisfy treble/bass/miss heads.
Some say they lack in separation, imaging or they are too bassy or too shouty!
Maybe my ears are dead as i don't feel they lack anything.
They just aren't in the hype train😉, still a good choice for who knows...now.
Nice one.
"Maybe my ears are dead as i don't feel they lack anything".
Me too

Feb 28, 2022 at 2:52 PM Post #546 of 1,906
Nice one.
"Maybe my ears are dead as i don't feel they lack anything".
Me too
For french people (as i am) Who wants to buy with Amazon. They are there, just the application automaticaly langage converts "shuoer s12" to "super s12" and the result will result as nothing... took me a few weeks to see they are there for purchase. Many people think they are not on Amazon.

Mar 1, 2022 at 5:00 AM Post #547 of 1,906
I'm glad I did't return my S12 (stock cable issue), they are remarkable for their bass, the drums never sounded so alive. That said, I am riding the Olina hype train rn and loving every second of it relistening to all my vocal/acoustic library. Just last night it felt like I was sitting on a stage right next to Bob Dylan, the presence effect is incredible.
Now I just need to wait for my portable DACamp and I'm all set for the foreseen future. S12 for my electronic beats, Olina for everything else.

Mar 1, 2022 at 3:14 PM Post #548 of 1,906
I'm glad I did't return my S12 (stock cable issue), they are remarkable for their bass, the drums never sounded so alive. That said, I am riding the Olina hype train rn and loving every second of it relistening to all my vocal/acoustic library. Just last night it felt like I was sitting on a stage right next to Bob Dylan, the presence effect is incredible.
Now I just need to wait for my portable DACamp and I'm all set for the foreseen future. S12 for my electronic beats, Olina for everything else.
How do you think the S12s do with general music? As you've said, you use the Olinas for everything else but I would like to know how decent/bad the S12 perform with other genres since I only ordered the S12 and not the Olina.

Mar 1, 2022 at 5:46 PM Post #549 of 1,906
How do you think the S12s do with general music? As you've said, you use the Olinas for everything else but I would like to know how decent/bad the S12 perform with other genres since I only ordered the S12 and not the Olina.
Before I got the Olina I was happy with S12, rocking them daily. And I was listening to everything really, I discovered KEXP at the same time I got the S12 and was amazed at how great a youtube live can sound. Then I went through various tracks I have and discovered new sound signature and loved it, and I think you will too.
The thing about the Olina is that it adds a whole new dimension to acoustic music, how can these two dots in your ear paint such a spacious picture I have no idea!? Vocals are bonkers too.
But I listen to a lot of electronics and rap, where imaging is secondary, and the bass, the kick, the drums are the focus, so that's where S12 got their place.
The Olina magic is real though, can't stop listening to them rn.

Mar 2, 2022 at 2:41 AM Post #550 of 1,906
Before I got the Olina I was happy with S12, rocking them daily. And I was listening to everything really, I discovered KEXP at the same time I got the S12 and was amazed at how great a youtube live can sound. Then I went through various tracks I have and discovered new sound signature and loved it, and I think you will too.
The thing about the Olina is that it adds a whole new dimension to acoustic music, how can these two dots in your ear paint such a spacious picture I have no idea!? Vocals are bonkers too.
But I listen to a lot of electronics and rap, where imaging is secondary, and the bass, the kick, the drums are the focus, so that's where S12 got their place.
The Olina magic is real though, can't stop listening to them rn.
Thanks for the input! Glad the S12s aren't necessarily bad at a genre, but rather the Olinas do all other genres better. I look forward to listening to them!

Mar 2, 2022 at 6:28 AM Post #552 of 1,906
i get S12 today hope i like them, any bass mods?

Mar 2, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #554 of 1,906

Users who are viewing this thread

Back