LETSHUOER S12 - Next big planar? (Impressions & Discussion)
Sep 4, 2022 at 11:45 AM Post #1,261 of 1,906
The Dioko is definitely the dark horse of the lot. It’s definitely not the most enjoyable nor immersive but without EQ, it sounds the most life-like to me.
Very much like a Planar Chu or 7hz Zero.

Edit: I never really achieved a persistent seal with the S/Z 12 with either the supplied tips nor the Moondrop spring tips. Until I came across my current cable and CP100S tips which has simply been a joy.

Today’s conversation here (a huge part of why I enjoy discussions here) sparked my curiosity so I once again borrowed my daughter’s Diokos and threw on these accessories.
Qudelix on balanced, an effortless perfect seal, zero EQ the Diokos has been a joy to listen to across the genres. That stock bass cut @200hz, gentle pinna gain and extended air frequencies make for lovely extended listening.

While it difficult to know why, I found that the Spring tips are not very good for isolating from the outside. I noticed this right away by trying them with the tv on normal loudness. Once I had well-isolating tips on, the tv goes away and the sub-bass is up 4db. I like the Spinfit CP145s for isolation and comfort, and also find that its “tilting” bore length also mitigates the upper midrange without attenuating the air region. I also cannot agree with modding (IMO) not affecting the technicalities, so I avoid modding until I’ve tried tip rolling… and if tips cannot fix whatever, I consider anything else beating the dead horse… #jussayin

Sep 4, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #1,262 of 1,906
fwiw. I am sending a modded s12 to HBB for review. Had to wait till i got some though.

Also the s12 driver is from a Korean company called Earbridge. They make a 14.2, 14.6. and 14.8mm planar driver. So.. most of these new planars use these drivers and since everyone knows bigger is better, I focused on the S12 14.8mm.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2022 at 1:12 PM Post #1,263 of 1,906
While it difficult to know why, I found that the Spring tips are not very good for isolating from the outside. I noticed this right away by trying them with the tv on normal loudness. Once I had well-isolating tips on, the tv goes away and the sub-bass is up 4db. I like the Spinfit CP145s for isolation and comfort, and also find that its “tilting” bore length also mitigates the upper midrange without attenuating the air region. I also cannot agree with modding (IMO) not affecting the technicalities, so I avoid modding until I’ve tried tip rolling… and if tips cannot fix whatever, I consider anything else beating the dead horse… #jussayin

Yeah, I wouldn’t call the Spring Tips isolating. They’re very thin and don’t insert as deeply as some other tips. The CP145 is much better for sure. You may want to give the AZLA SednaEarFit Max a try too.

Sep 4, 2022 at 11:09 PM Post #1,265 of 1,906
Yeah, I wouldn’t call the Spring Tips isolating. They’re very thin and don’t insert as deeply as some other tips. The CP145 is much better for sure. You may want to give the AZLA SednaEarFit Max a try too.

I do like Azla for their intermediate sizes as my canals aren’t the same. I’m presently auditioning the SednaEarfitLights and not finding them quite as comfy as Spinfit. I haven’t been able to find the Max in my sizes yet in NA Amazon Azla stores.

Sep 4, 2022 at 11:14 PM Post #1,266 of 1,906
I cant stand the spring tips, poor isolation, poor seal.

I found these tips good for flattening both the upper midrange and the mid bass. They are good at getting rid of peaks due to having wide bore. Their leaky nature acts as a supplementary front-vent as well. I have the best experience with the largest size. In this case, the tips just kind of stick to the opening of my ear canals rather than trying to go inside and become warped and too leaky.

Sep 5, 2022 at 3:11 AM Post #1,268 of 1,906
I cant stand the spring tips, poor isolation, poor seal.
The foam tips you have in your videos. Are they just standard foam tips cut shorter? They don’t seem to protrude from the end of the nozzle.

Attachments

• C90F27E6-E4F5-4102-BDC6-AAA4B1333931.png
    C90F27E6-E4F5-4102-BDC6-AAA4B1333931.png
    8.9 MB · Views: 0
Sep 5, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #1,269 of 1,906
Because I love to play with sound, i thought, lets do the most flat tuning on the s12 possible.. FOR SCIENCE

1662402264029.png

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2022 at 1:59 PM Post #1,270 of 1,906
The foam tips you have in your videos. Are they just standard foam tips cut shorter? They don’t seem to protrude from the end of the nozzle.
Those are comply T500 cut in half, using the back half. My favs, and they don't influence the tuning.

Sep 6, 2022 at 7:15 AM Post #1,271 of 1,906
guys i want to buy 1 iem around 270 usd or less... which is best iem in term of technicallities , like :

micro details dan resolution,
separataion,
layering,
depth,
Height,
imaging accuracy,

and i really love great treble, my preferences treble tonal are :

- Complete treble from lower treble till uppee treble, sparkly, crispy, (but in good way)
- Treble roll off smooth not fast,
- So had great treble extension & airy...
- treble must be have great impact and attack...

what is the best recomendation under 270 usd. (if i can said the max price is Oxygen price 270usd)

the option :

1. raptgo hookx,
2. tanchjim oxygen,
3. letshuoer s12,
4. Tin P1 Max,
5. Aune Jasper,

or any recomendation guys other IEM ?

nb.
my sopurce :
dac amp ifi gryphone.
dac amp topping ex5.

both have output power 1000mW.

and my fav iem that i have now HZsound Heart Mirror.

very thanks full mate...

Sep 6, 2022 at 7:47 AM Post #1,272 of 1,906
guys i want to buy 1 iem around 270 usd or less... which is best iem in term of technicallities , like :

separataion,
layering,
depth,
Height,
imaging accuracy,

- Complete treble from lower treble till uppee treble, sparkly, crispy, (but in good way)

what is the best recomendation under 270 usd. (if i can said the max price is Oxygen price 270usd)

the option :

1. raptgo hookx,
2. tanchjim oxygen,
3. letshuoer s12,
4. Tin P1 Max,
5. Aune Jasper,

nb.
my sopurce :
dac amp ifi gryphone.
dac amp topping ex5.

very thanks full mate...
IMR Acoustics had a few copies of their Dark Matter available for around 270 dollars. It's worth checking them out.

Sep 6, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #1,274 of 1,906

separataion,
layering,
depth,
Height,
imaging accuracy,

the option :

1. raptgo hookx,
2. tanchjim oxygen,
3. letshuoer s12,
4. Tin P1 Max,
5. Aune Jasper,

nb.
my sopurce :
dac amp ifi gryphone.
dac amp topping ex5.

very thanks full mate...

I own both the S12 and the HM. I received them at the same time. At first, I was more into the HM but the S12 grew on me. I think I was just shocked at the price of the HM and the quality of sound I was able to get from them. Whereas the S12, although very good, I was expecting to be floored.

I've come to appreciate both now.

The S12 is more bassy, not as airy as the HM (though I think it's airy enough), and doesn't leave you craving bass quanity after an hour or two of listening like the HM can sometimes. The S12's tonality is a step-up though from the HM.

FWIW - I use Spinfit CP100+ (airy, slightly holographic ethereal soundstage with just enough bass) on the HM with a balanced cable. I use Azla Sedna Light on the S12 also with a balanced cable.

I get a more consistent fit/seal with the S12 than the HM. It's probably just my ears though. I prefer to use the S12 while commuting and the HM at home. YMMV.

I can't speak of the other IEMs in your list as I've not heard any of them. Try asking your question on Discovery thread or China brand thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back