LETSHUOER S12 - Next big planar? (Impressions & Discussion)
Jun 11, 2022 at 7:04 PM Post #946 of 1,906
I slapped an Olina damper on each side last night (inspired by your double damper Olina mod) to try and tame the treble some. Couldn’t take them stock but they sound so much better now. Can’t stop listening.. Curious what you did to achieve this FR graph…
I used sony tuning foams. Is nice but too thick.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2022 at 7:06 PM Post #947 of 1,906
You need to contact Shuoer and get a warranty replacement. They aren’t supposed to fall apart. Your experience is an exception, not the rule.

Yeah, they said they're going to replace them. The rep said he'd send from Amazon Warehouse at first but then said they'd have to ship from China so gonna be a minute. I'm still going to try and repair this pair, though. I mean, might as well, right?

What I'm wondering is if maybe the glue doesn't stand up to heat very well? The first time they broke in half they'd been sitting in my car in the sun for a bit, and then when they came apart in my ear today it was after wearing them while on a jog in the heat.

Jun 11, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #948 of 1,906
Yeah, they said they're going to replace them. The rep said he'd send from Amazon Warehouse at first but then said they'd have to ship from China so gonna be a minute. I'm still going to try and repair this pair, though. I mean, might as well, right?

What I'm wondering is if maybe the glue doesn't stand up to heat very well? The first time they broke in half they'd been sitting in my car in the sun for a bit, and then when they came apart in my ear today it was after wearing them while on a jog in the heat.

Interesting. Sorry if I missed that part of the story. I’m glad they’re replacing them. No issues with mine, but it is good to know that Shuoer stands behind the product.

Jun 12, 2022 at 4:43 AM Post #950 of 1,906
So, both my IEM's are falling apart now. They clip back together but if I use particularly snug tips it's really hard not to cause them to break in half when I pull them out of my ear. So yeah, this is clearly a design flaw -- must be some cheap glue on certain sets. I contacted Letshuoer and they're going to send a replacement pair.

Something I noticed when comparing each one, as well as comparing against the picture of the ones broken in half attached to this thread, on my left earpiece one of the copper wires isn't soldered to the connector. However, what's odd is I'm not noticing any difference in sound?

Anyway, was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a type of glue that will work well holding these back together and what size soldering iron I should get to reconnect the wire?
I use cement glue, the one that came with diy cloth hanger. Its basically cement in small tube paste

Jun 13, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #952 of 1,906
Don't user KA3 vs S12 . I tried this but I had to sell it and move on to q5k after one week .q5k Very good .
current I am using this peq . You can try maybe you will like or not or try peq other. Good luck

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220614-011615_Qudelix.jpg
    Screenshot_20220614-011615_Qudelix.jpg
    575.7 KB · Views: 0
Jun 14, 2022 at 7:47 AM Post #956 of 1,906
Is there anyone here who owns both Shouer S12 and Sony IER-Z1R?

Was wondering how they compare, tuning and SQ-wise, and overall?
why don't you auto equ s12 to z1r ? i did it and i don't know if it sounds exactly as z1r but it should get close to z1r signature and it sounds better than s12 unequalized imo ( i also tried to eq s12 to moondrop variations and ej07m but it sounded worse than s12 unequalized so it a hit or miss but it's free on https://squig.link/ so you could try it. )

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2022 at 4:45 PM Post #957 of 1,906
why don't you auto equ s12 to z1r ? i did it and i don't know if it sounds exactly as z1r but it should get close to z1r signature and it sounds better than s12 unequalized imo ( i also tried to eq s12 to moondrop variations and ej07m but it sounded worse than s12 unequalized so it a hit or miss but it's free on https://squig.link/ so you could try it. )
EQ wouldn’t let me assess neither the soundstage, nor the texture, depth, level of detail retrieval, and many other characteristics. Also, I don’t like EQing my gear.

Jun 15, 2022 at 3:59 AM Post #959 of 1,906
EQ wouldn’t let me assess neither the soundstage, nor the texture, depth, level of detail retrieval, and many other characteristics. Also, I don’t like EQing my gear.
Hi, MSEB can do all these adjustments (got it on R3 Pro Saber). It is really effective, better than the EQ that mufflled the sound.
On my phone (deezer hifi steaming), i use an EQ and a dongle, it works well. I use EQ mainly for the high frequencies. I often need more "air", maybe because i'm 50.
But i, now, think we all have different ears and preferences.
And i think that adjusting the sound is not a bad thing. Universal tuning does not exist (btw i'm not a harmanish fan).

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2022 at 6:58 AM Post #960 of 1,906
Hi, MSEB can do all these adjustments (got it on R3 Pro Saber). It is really effective, better than the EQ that mufflled the sound.
On my phone (deezer hifi steaming), i use an EQ and a dongle, it works well. I use EQ mainly for the high frequencies. I often need more "air", maybe because i'm 50.
But i, now, think we all have different ears and preferences.
And i think that adjusting the sound is not a bad thing. Universal tuning does not exist (btw i'm not a harmanish fan).
I agree. The problem, often, is that many IEM users believe how they hear the IEM....'IS'..... how the IEM 'IS'. We are all so anatomically different in ear shape, structure, fit, preferred ear-tips, preferred sound profiles, age, etc, etc, etc. Then there is very minor unit variations which can be high for hand assembled units. It's a miracle there is common ground at all. We are all the same essentially at root, but so diverse in our anatomy and our aversions, dislikes, desires, and likes that we 'see'/hear all differently and from different perspectives.
Like you I find MSEB on my HiBy R5 an excellent resource that really works well and is quite different to most EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back