LETSHUOER S12 - Next big planar? (Impressions & Discussion)
Apr 21, 2022 at 10:25 AM Post #691 of 1,906
What type of CP 1025? there seems to be air pod model and wireless model. So you think CP 1025 sounds better than CP100?
Hi, yes these are air pods model. I have a good fit with spinfit cp 100L but cp 1025 ML are too small for S12 (but good for KZ DQ6). I will try with L size later, and you better have dry ears!
But this not night and day. I just find that latex eartips (Xelastec, CP 1025) provide a bit more textured sound and, also a bit more cleaner. Spinfit CP 100, and 145, are easier to fit as they forgive size errors.

Apr 21, 2022 at 10:39 AM Post #692 of 1,906
which one is your favorite? and how do you compare the CP100 with the rest?
SednaEarfitLight they have a nice wide bore and Xelastec, find the sound better then spinfit, a bit more punch or bass. i tried cp100 xl plus are my third

Apr 21, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #693 of 1,906
Hi, yes these are air pods model. I have a good fit with spinfit cp 100L but cp 1025 ML are too small for S12 (but good for KZ DQ6). I will try with L size later, and you better have dry ears!
But this not night and day. I just find that latex eartips (Xelastec, CP 1025) provide a bit more textured sound and, also a bit more cleaner. Spinfit CP 100, and 145, are easier to fit as they forgive size errors.
Thank you. What would you think about the Spinfit CP360? Seems to have even narrower bore; about 3.6 mm

Apr 21, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #696 of 1,906
Thin it out, wider I find brings out bass and overall sound

Apr 21, 2022 at 2:16 PM Post #697 of 1,906
Thin it out, wider I find brings out bass and overall sound

I just got a set of these generic wide bore tips:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOVf450

They’re surprisingly good. I typically use the Sedna Xelastic tips because they’re one of the few that fit my large left ear. But these actually do fit/seal correctly and the wide opening does give a different tuning experience. I’m currently using them on Moondrop Arias and they sound really good.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2022 at 2:31 PM Post #698 of 1,906
Thank you all. I think I’m gonna try the Spinfit CP100+ I just cannot decide between L and XL. In the meantime the stock black bore Large tips that came with the S12 fit me the best. So should I go L or XL from the CP100+, or maybe even M?

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #699 of 1,906
Thank you all. I think I’m gonna try the Spinfit CP100+ I just cannot decide between L and XL. In the meantime the stock black bore Large tips that came with the S12 fit me the best. So should I go L or XL from the CP100+, or maybe even M?

You really can’t go wrong with SpinFit. If you wear the largest default that comes with your IEM, then get the largest SpinFits. My ears are slightly differently sized so I use a CP100 M in one and a CP100 L in the other.

Apr 21, 2022 at 3:55 PM Post #700 of 1,906
You really can’t go wrong with SpinFit. If you wear the largest default that comes with your IEM, then get the largest SpinFits. My ears are slightly differently sized so I use a CP100 M in one and a CP100 L in the other.
Perfect then! I ordered both, XL and L just in case, and will send back the ones I wont use. Thank you so much!

Apr 22, 2022 at 6:15 AM Post #701 of 1,906
Just got my S12 and wow! they sound so transparent.
I would like to do some tip rolling beyond the stock tips. So about the Spinfit tips, which one would be ideal for the S12? Someone mentioned the Spinfit CP1025. Are the Spinfit narrow bore ?

For my liking I think tips that tame the highest peaks would be ideal for the S12. Not super held back, just tamed.
i tried a filter on s12 and i felt it muffled the sound removing some of s12 clarity, instead i boosted the bass in eq it balances the trebble and sibillance in our perception of sound

Apr 23, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #702 of 1,906
got the s12 today. Using them with r3pro saber, balanced cable and xelastic tips. Without eq they felt a little harsh, adding MSEB with +20 bass extension, -10 HF Sibilance and they are about perfect for me right out of the box (maybe 4h of listening now).
One thing i noticed is that they do sound a bit better on hi-gain/low volume compared to low-gain/slighly higher volume. Very happy with it so far,

Apr 23, 2022 at 11:02 PM Post #703 of 1,906
got the s12 today. Using them with r3pro saber, balanced cable and xelastic tips. Without eq they felt a little harsh, adding MSEB with +20 bass extension, -10 HF Sibilance and they are about perfect for me right out of the box (maybe 4h of listening now).
One thing i noticed is that they do sound a bit better on hi-gain/low volume compared to low-gain/slighly higher volume. Very happy with it so far,

Out of the box the S12 set sounded harsh to me also, but it seemed to smooth out a bit after ~10hrs of use. I also settled into using the Xelastics with this set, but it took a while to find the right fit for the sake of the bass.

Apr 25, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #704 of 1,906
Well. I finally received my Spinfit CP100+ tips and what a beautiful difference. It adds just a bit of warmness to the sound balancing it perfectly, not to mention the clearness and separation. Loved it.

On another note, one thing I noticed is that the S12 sound better with the High Gain setting on my Schiit Heresy amp. How is that? I didnt expected that. It sounds bigger, fuller with a effortlessly highs. Normally, on all my DD headphones (both IEM and over ear) low gain is the best setting with high gain sounding too much, but with the S12 is a total advantage. Pardon my ignorance since I'm still learning, but how is this possible with the s12 being so low impedance? Am I just imaging this?

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #705 of 1,906
Well. I finally received my Spinfit CP100+ tips and what a beautiful difference. It adds just a bit of warmness to the sound balancing it perfectly, not to mention the clearness and separation. Loved it.

On another note, one thing I noticed is that the S12 sound better with the High Gain setting on my Schiit Heresy amp. How is that? I didnt expected that. It sounds bigger, fuller with a effortlessly highs. Normally, on all my DD headphones (both IEM and over ear) low gain is the best setting with high gain sounding too much, but with the S12 is a total advantage. Pardon my ignorance since I'm still learning, but how is this possible with the s12 being so low impedance? Am I just imaging this?
do a blind test with a friend so you are not subject to placebo effect that is very real and very strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back