LETSHUOER S12 - Next big planar? (Impressions & Discussion)
Apr 6, 2024 at 5:55 PM Post #1,877 of 1,901
😄

I just love these earphones too much 😍🤪💕

And yes, if you don’t notice something, it doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist and that it doesn’t require correction 🫵😉

Below is the response from the official LetShuoer representative:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-07 in 18.02.04.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-07 in 18.02.04.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Apr 8, 2024 at 8:40 AM Post #1,879 of 1,901
Lindholdt,

Did you get your S12 Pro ?

Wonder what you thought of them.
No, there was a delay with the delivery, so they are scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Very excited to test them :)

Apr 10, 2024 at 9:48 AM Post #1,881 of 1,901
I look forward to reading what you think of them.
Finally got them this morning, turns out it was the Tanchjim Origin that was delivered the other day.
Anyway, first impression is that they are very capable when it comes to the technical stuff, but also quite V- shaped to my ears. Like the bass on them for sure, not fully sure about the treble yet, it might be a bit much due to less ear gain? But this is all just after a few hours of listening, and I'm not an expert at all.
Will need more time with them :)

Apr 10, 2024 at 1:49 PM Post #1,882 of 1,901
Finally got them this morning, turns out it was the Tanchjim Origin that was delivered the other day.
Anyway, first impression is that they are very capable when it comes to the technical stuff, but also quite V- shaped to my ears. Like the bass on them for sure, not fully sure about the treble yet, it might be a bit much due to less ear gain? But this is all just after a few hours of listening, and I'm not an expert at all.
Will need more time with them :)
I'm also really interested now in hearing your opinion on the S12 pro, considering you come from a HEKS. I myself got a HEKS around Christmas and loved it so much I wanted to find an IEM counterpart for when I'm not at my desk.
I got the S12 a couple weeks ago and have some opinions on how it matches up versus the HEKS already, but I'll keep them to myself for now to not influence your experience/casual review of the S12.
Also interested if you could draw a comparison against the Tanchjim. Curious on how it matches up against a DD iem (almost) twice the price.

(No pressure :beyersmile:)

Apr 10, 2024 at 3:15 PM Post #1,883 of 1,901
I'm also really interested now in hearing your opinion on the S12 pro, considering you come from a HEKS. I myself got a HEKS around Christmas and loved it so much I wanted to find an IEM counterpart for when I'm not at my desk.
I got the S12 a couple weeks ago and have some opinions on how it matches up versus the HEKS already, but I'll keep them to myself for now to not influence your experience/casual review of the S12.
Also interested if you could draw a comparison against the Tanchjim. Curious on how it matches up against a DD iem (almost) twice the price.

(No pressure :beyersmile:)
I'm very much up for that, could be fun to see if we would agree 👍 I will take me a bit of time, though.
What amplifier are you using with the HEKS?

I actually asked on the HE1000 thread a while back, if anyone could suggest IEM'S that would resemble the HEKS, as I like them so much as well 😊

Apr 11, 2024 at 2:53 PM Post #1,884 of 1,901
1000005603.jpg

Comparison isn't going as expected, but more on that later. 👀

I have an issue with the S12: on one of my ears the hook is creating tension on my ear, so they get uncomfortable after 10-15 minutes. Can I just take a hairdryer and warm up the cable and try to bend it a bit different?

Apr 11, 2024 at 3:20 PM Post #1,885 of 1,901
1000005603.jpg
Comparison isn't going as expected, but more on that later. 👀

I have an issue with the S12: on one of my ears the hook is creating tension on my ear, so they get uncomfortable after 10-15 minutes. Can I just take a hairdryer and warm up the cable and try to bend it a bit different?

Yes absolutely.

Move it to where you want it, hold it in place, heat with a hairdryer then put the hairdryer on cool air mode and cool the heat shrink to set in its new position.

The hooks are tight, I like them that way, our complaining chap thought they should be just right for him out of the box !!

Apr 11, 2024 at 3:22 PM Post #1,886 of 1,901
Yes absolutely.

Move it to where you want it, hold it in place, heat with a hairdryer then put the hairdryer on cool air mode and cool the heat shrink to set in its new position.

The hooks are tight, I like them that way, our complaining chap thought they should be just right for him out of the box !!
Thanks a lot 🙏
I'm new to IEM's and haven't changed hooks before, so your description is very much appreciated 👍

Apr 14, 2024 at 3:26 PM Post #1,887 of 1,901
So, I've finally got some hours on the S12's, and A/B'ed them against the HEKS.
I haven't heard that many IEM'S, so I don't really know much about "what's out there".

I'm enjoying the S12's a lot, and have no intention of sending them back 👍
Comparing an IEM to a headphone is difficult, as they have very different ways of presenting the soundstage, but I do think tonality can be compared.
First thing I noticed between the two, is that the S12 have a nice amount of deep bass, more than the HEKS, and I enjoy that quite a bit. The bass quality might not be of the same standard of the HEKS, but it's still very good.
Next thing that jumps to mind is the midrange, where the S12 have a bit more "meat" to it, and I generally fell this makes the timbre of the S12 more natural and engaging to listen to, compared to HEKS more analytical approach. Snares and drums in general sound more "correct" on the S12, more like I think they sound in real life.
This added focus on the midrange makes vocals stand out a bit more in the mix, and I feel I get more information/details in this range, than the HEKS.
Lately, the treble is just flat out better on the HEKS. It's good on the S12, bit I find a lot more details and "resolution" in the HEKS treble.

Comparing the technical performance of the two makes little sense to me, so I'll skip that.

The midrange really surprised me in this comparison. Going from the S12 to the HEKS makes the HEKS sound a bit off in the timbre and it can be quite distracting. I did not expect that going into this.
Is the S12 an IEM version of the HEKS, no I don't think so. But that does not make it a worse IEM, I think it is great, and I appreciate what it does different from the HEKS.

Anyway, that's my thought on this great IEM, when comparing it to the HiFiMAN HE1000 Stealth :)

Let me hear your thoughts @sanomatovic 😁

Apr 14, 2024 at 5:18 PM Post #1,888 of 1,901
So, I've finally got some hours on the S12's, and A/B'ed them against the HEKS.
I haven't heard that many IEM'S, so I don't really know much about "what's out there".

I'm enjoying the S12's a lot, and have no intention of sending them back 👍
Comparing an IEM to a headphone is difficult, as they have very different ways of presenting the soundstage, but I do think tonality can be compared.
First thing I noticed between the two, is that the S12 have a nice amount of deep bass, more than the HEKS, and I enjoy that quite a bit. The bass quality might not be of the same standard of the HEKS, but it's still very good.
Next thing that jumps to mind is the midrange, where the S12 have a bit more "meat" to it, and I generally fell this makes the timbre of the S12 more natural and engaging to listen to, compared to HEKS more analytical approach. Snares and drums in general sound more "correct" on the S12, more like I think they sound in real life.
This added focus on the midrange makes vocals stand out a bit more in the mix, and I feel I get more information/details in this range, than the HEKS.
Lately, the treble is just flat out better on the HEKS. It's good on the S12, bit I find a lot more details and "resolution" in the HEKS treble.

Comparing the technical performance of the two makes little sense to me, so I'll skip that.

The midrange really surprised me in this comparison. Going from the S12 to the HEKS makes the HEKS sound a bit off in the timbre and it can be quite distracting. I did not expect that going into this.
Is the S12 an IEM version of the HEKS, no I don't think so. But that does not make it a worse IEM, I think it is great, and I appreciate what it does different from the HEKS.

Anyway, that's my thought on this great IEM, when comparing it to the HiFiMAN HE1000 Stealth :)

Let me hear your thoughts @sanomatovic 😁

Great you are enjoying the S12 Pro.

What is remarkable to me is that one can legitimately compare them to the likes your HiFiMan given the huge disparity in price.

They simply are so much better than the price point indicates is even reasonable.

Apr 15, 2024 at 8:10 AM Post #1,889 of 1,901
Great you are enjoying the S12 Pro.

What is remarkable to me is that one can legitimately compare them to the likes your HiFiMan given the huge disparity in price.

They simply are so much better than the price point indicates is even reasonable.
Well as said, It's hard to compare headphones and IEM's, and it's not like I would ever get rig of my HEKS now that I have the S12's. But they do offer something very nice when I'm not at the listening station at home. I'll probably end up listening more to the S12 than the HEKS, because I use IEMs at work.
Just need to find a suitable upgrade for my Moondrop Dawn Pro to use at work :thinking:

Apr 17, 2024 at 6:42 PM Post #1,890 of 1,901
I've been listening to the Letshoer S12 PRO for 2 months now. Initially, I listened for many hours paired with the Yuolong U100 DAC. In this combination, the highs were too piercing, and the bass was weak. Currently, I'm listening using an S.M.S.L C200, and it's perfect. The highs are balanced just right. The bass has also improved and is strong. Now, the sound is perfect for me! I'm looking forward to the arrival of the Colorfly CDA M1p and the Penon Liqueur to conduct new tests. (Will it produce a warmer sound?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back