LETSHUOER S12 - Next big planar? (Impressions & Discussion)
Sep 14, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #1,591 of 1,906
1000022292.jpg

Sep 14, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #1,592 of 1,906
The Z12 and S12 Pro are the same model.

The S12 and S12 Pro are physically and sonically different. The differences might not sound like different tunings to some depending on physiology or sensitivity. The physical factors that affect sound are altered in a manner consistent with the measured difference.

Not to bicker, but aren't those different targets and measuring rigs?

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2023 at 7:16 PM Post #1,593 of 1,906
Hey everyone, I just got my S12 Pro and the sibilance is bugging me. I put on some Spiral Dot tips, which helped a bit, but I can't help feeling that there has to be a better solution.
I know I can use foam, but I really dislike them as they are an ongoing expense. What would you say are the best tips to tame the treble? Final Audio Type E, Azla Xelastec or Spinfit CP145?

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2023 at 11:09 PM Post #1,594 of 1,906
Hey everyone, I just got my S12 Pro and the sibilance is bugging me. I put on some Spiral Dot tips, which helped a bit, but I can't help feeling that there has to be a better solution.
I know I can use foam, but I really dislike them as they are an ongoing expense. What would you say are the best tips to tame the treble? Final Audio Type E, Azla Xelastec or Spinfit CP145?
I found the Spiral dots were the best, but Spinfit double flange helped boost the bass to the point where I didn't notice the treble as much. The tuning foam and silicone tubing behind the grill is a good mod to tame sibilance, brings it in line with the S12 Pro.

Sep 15, 2023 at 2:42 AM Post #1,595 of 1,906
Not to bicker, but aren't those different targets and measuring rigs?
Yes, different targets , different sources ...i overlapped the graphs.But still...i think they are accurate because the bass and lower midrange is almost identical.

Sep 15, 2023 at 3:13 AM Post #1,596 of 1,906

Final E black tips are useful to tame treble/sibilance.

CP145 is more neutral, it doesn't really tame treble too much. Haven't tried Xelastec.

Yes, different targets , different sources ...i overlapped the graphs.But still...i think they are accurate because the bass and lower midrange is almost identical.

Generally, we try not to compare graphs from different user rigs. Not only may the couplers be different, but there are different sound cards used, different eartips used, different eartip insertion depth, different calibration files, different volume used (Fletcher Munson curve).

Graphs are more useful if compared within the same user, using the same rig with the same configurations.

Sep 15, 2023 at 5:47 AM Post #1,597 of 1,906
I found the Spiral dots were the best, but Spinfit double flange helped boost the bass to the point where I didn't notice the treble as much. The tuning foam and silicone tubing behind the grill is a good mod to tame sibilance, brings it in line with the S12 Pro.
Final E black tips are useful to tame treble/sibilance.

CP145 is more neutral, it doesn't really tame treble too much. Haven't tried Xelastec.

Generally, we try not to compare graphs from different user rigs. Not only may the couplers be different, but there are different sound cards used, different eartips used, different eartip insertion depth, different calibration files, different volume used (Fletcher Munson curve).

Graphs are more useful if compared within the same user, using the same rig with the same configurations.
Hey, thanks guys! I actually just got my hands on some CP145s just now and I do think they blunt the treble a tad too much for my liking, hence the E type tips might be a no-go for me.
@rudebeard- Yeah, I think the Spiral Dot will do for now. In fact, I'm kinda really liking it the more I listen to it.
I don't think I'm brave enough to try such drastic modding just yet!

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2023 at 7:01 AM Post #1,598 of 1,906
An advice to owners of Letshuoer S12 Pro and who appreciate them like me, try it with the M15 by Questyle. Thanks to its particular current amplification it literally makes them fly. Seeing is believing.

Sep 17, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #1,599 of 1,906

Check out Sonicfoam----for 16 bucks you get 10 sets. I see no difference in them and the Complys and their customer service is amazing. Beyond that, the S12 Pro is difficult to get a good seal on. Once you get the right seal the sibilance is not a problem at all.

Sep 17, 2023 at 11:14 AM Post #1,601 of 1,906
Check out Sonicfoam----for 16 bucks you get 10 sets. I see no difference in them and the Complys and their customer service is amazing. Beyond that, the S12 Pro is difficult to get a good seal on. Once you get the right seal the sibilance is not a problem at all.
Oh! I just had a look on Amazon and they look like a decent deal! Thanks!

Sep 25, 2023 at 6:27 PM Post #1,603 of 1,906
Finally getting round to trying these.
Going to do a proper basshead assessment later after doing my own EQ, but first thing I notice is, yeah these are going to need more power than normal IEMs.
First impressions without EQ:
Midbass is nice and strong, treble is present, but it never gets too much, even on treble heavy tracks, it's perfectly controlled (as in, just before it's painful, it stops).
Sub bass is pleasantly present too.
Mids are close enough (intimacy wise - better than my Legacy 9s and probably around the same place as my Mangird Teas) which is where I wanted them.
Resolution is good, but it's only really on display when you give it power - I already know these are capable of more >=)
I'm currently using it single ended on my Qudelix 5K and I'm on 1 bar from max, whereas usually, even with EQ, I don't need to go much past half. Ordering a balanced cable for it ASAP, as it stands there's probably not enough headroom to do silly basshead things yet, so just going to enjoy it without anything crazy.
Somewhat tempted to plug it into the iFi iDSD Micro BL using IEM match and get experimenting with Equaliser APO, we'll see.
Using it with Spinfit CP100 M tips and my usual Kinboofi 16 core silver plated cable.
Signature is getting more pleasing as I go - good recommendation so far.
Mate, how did it go with the balance cable? Did you managed to equalise as you needed, with more headroom? About to pull the trigger on a s12 or s12 pro, and wondering if really should get a 2-pin balanced cable (or an 2-pin adapter to the mmcx balanced i already own).

Sep 26, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #1,604 of 1,906
Mate, how did it go with the balance cable? Did you managed to equalise as you needed, with more headroom? About to pull the trigger on a s12 or s12 pro, and wondering if really should get a 2-pin balanced cable (or an 2-pin adapter to the mmcx balanced i already own).

You can order the S12 with a 4.4mm cable termination and the S12 Pro comes with a modular cable that has 2.5, 3.5 and 4.4mm terminations included.

I have the standard S12 with the 4.4mm.

Sep 27, 2023 at 8:52 PM Post #1,605 of 1,906
Here is a great option to throw in the pocket along with a phone on the go.

The fiio ka1 allows the mic and button to work, lightweight, plenty of headroom (50% for me), only draws audio signal when headphones are plugged in. All in all a real winner with portability in mind and sounds great with the s12.

Cable is the tripowin grace.

Attachments

• 20230928_100552.jpg
    20230928_100552.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back