Let's talk Psytrance and Goa...
Dec 5, 2009 at 11:18 PM Post #166 of 186
I agree with you Catscratch. I think after "Tales" simon put his interest into the Younger Brother project. those records have much cohesion and ideas. Nothing Lasts and Ineffable both have some bliss moments, but the overall feeling is just going through the motions.

my latest mentions are Third Ear Audio, Tribe of Frog's comp "Frogology" and Chromosome's DMT Cowboys. holy crap.

Dec 5, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #167 of 186
So I'm the only one who thinks that tales is the worst shpongle album?
It just doesnt make the landscapes the others do. Still havnt grabbed the new one

I mean I really enjoy some of the tracks but as a whole it doesnt mesh as well with me, especially since IMO there are 3 dead tracks

Nothing lasts is a bit fast paced, designed for a slightly more rollercoaster trip, I think. It's my second favourite album from shpongle currently it might even end up being my favourite.

Dec 6, 2009 at 12:30 AM Post #169 of 186
Quote:

Originally Posted by xantus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree with you Catscratch. I think after "Tales" simon put his interest into the Younger Brother project. those records have much cohesion and ideas. Nothing Lasts and Ineffable both have some bliss moments, but the overall feeling is just going through the motions.

my latest mentions are Third Ear Audio, Tribe of Frog's comp "Frogadelic" and Chromosome's DMT Cowboys. holy crap.

Frogology you mean?

May 21, 2010 at 7:21 PM Post #171 of 186
Few months down the line, and I still think that Shpongle 4 is inconsistent. But track 4 is a real gem, and a few more are good, too.

At least somebody finally uploaded my favorite track off Sadhana. Mesmerizing buildup in this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DipspJsEwi4

Nov 6, 2011 at 10:03 AM Post #173 of 186
i agree

Aug 8, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #174 of 186
@mbd2884
I clearly like Ju-Ju Space Jazz - Shloop album best but "intersound" is also good. and i dont have their first cd yet
confused.gif
The shloop album is some more lively.
Artifakt - Artifakts II album i like overall most but some of my favorites are on the other Two cds. Its really love/hate with artifakt i feel.

and you liked the Celaeno track very much. Then if you have not heard it you should try out Man With No Name - Moment Of Truth 1996. That album have Sooo much soul and sound very much like Celaeno. a Magical journey in space/past.That album carries so many memories so its actually hard for me putting it on with out being to emotional and start crying like a .....
one word: BEAUTIFUL
eek.gif

@dreamwhisper
Yes that is a long way. But hey, you got festivals over there too. Thats great. It has just started to pop up some festivals here in Norway to.Eventyrland.
Hoping it will continiue this year and i sure will be there. To bad most Norwegian psytrance starts to sound very hard,dark, russian style-ish that rips your soul out you ears
angry_face.gif

Who i have seen live is: Trold (main) and Fragletrollet(warmup) in Stavanger in Norway in 2006. Trold played Wonder & Amazement track and that is one of my all time favorite. Really really good track that takes you on a journey deep into the mystical mood. can only be found on Various - Psylight Xplosion
cd.

My dream is to go to Osaka, Japan and meet some spaced out jap. girls [size=xx-small](in nurse clothing
redface.gif
)[/size]and rock'on like never before. If there is one place people can rock its in Japan. I like their style. And who should play with me and my space girls? JIKOOHA.
They are an amazing group from Japan with lots of good stuff on all their cds.
They Rock
L3000.gif

Jikooha - Galaxy Journey.
Damn, Jikooha are gooood!!!
There are differences in using bass....and they have some kick-ass bass and rhythm...I'll go to Osaka too :) woooooooo :)

Thanks!

Feb 7, 2024 at 10:39 PM Post #179 of 186
ive recently been on a 90s psytrance and have been loving hallucinogens older stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back