let's talk custom iems in 2021.
Apr 29, 2021 at 5:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

chef8489

Headphoneus Supremus
I have been using customs since around 2005. Had them from ultimate ears, westone, inears, and a few others. I currently have westone es60 and a custom reference pair from inearz. For the most part I prefer a warm mid centric pair that is never piercing or sibilant.

Now in 2021 not a lot seems to have changed. You have jhaudio jh16vs and Roxanne that might fit my taste.

Not tried any of noble audio customs, so no clue which fit in this sound signature.

Westone was purchased recently, but the new company still offers the es70 and es80 that would be an upgrade to my es60. I don't like what logitech did with ultimate ears, so they are out.

Not sure if 64audio has anything to my taste. Tried the tia Forte and u12 on a bass years ago and didn't care for them.

I tried some empire ears on a pass but don't remember which. Are there any in my sonic preferences?

What else is there?

Apr 29, 2021 at 6:16 AM Post #4 of 13
The Vision ear VE8 seem to fit your requirement best. They are a bit expensive but otherwise pretty nice.
If you are open to universal iems I would recommend trying the sony m7/m9.
Not interested in universals.

Apr 29, 2021 at 7:58 AM Post #5 of 13
If you are able to, FitEar MH line might be worth a try. The MH models are definitely warm and mid centric.

The sound is fine for me but the highlight is how comfortable they are over my UERR. It's not even comparable in terms of comfort IMO.

Apr 29, 2021 at 8:13 AM Post #6 of 13
If you are able to, FitEar MH line might be worth a try. The MH models are definitely warm and mid centric.

The sound is fine for me but the highlight is how comfortable they are over my UERR. It's not even comparable in terms of comfort IMO.
Fitears is now InEarz.

Apr 29, 2021 at 8:16 AM Post #7 of 13
Mar 23, 2022 at 11:35 PM Post #8 of 13
You should check out Unique Melody MEST MKII. I absolutely am impressed by my custom set. Sound, fit, design, etc. They are tuned very well. I'd compare them to the 64 Audio Tia Trio. Both IEM's are on my top 5 favorite list.

Mar 24, 2022 at 12:44 AM Post #9 of 13
You should check out Unique Melody MEST MKII. I absolutely am impressed by my custom set. Sound, fit, design, etc. They are tuned very well. I'd compare them to the 64 Audio Tia Trio. Both IEM's are on my top 5 favorite list.

He wants a warm mid centric type. The MEST is no way in hell that type

Mar 24, 2022 at 11:32 AM Post #11 of 13
I respectfully disagree.
Disagree all you want. If U12t which is more warm in the mids than the Mest does nothing for him then your point is moot.

Mar 24, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #12 of 13
Disagree all you want. If U12t which is more warm in the mids than the Mest does nothing for him then your point is moot.

The U12t slightly warmer and neutral IEM; I don't disagree with you. He's "Not interested in universals." Also, the custom MKII has added warmth over the universal; I've demoed the non CIEM before purchasing the customs. Do you have a set of MKII customs? ...I won't be the first to say that the MEST MKII is neutral, with a good sub and bass boost IEM. Crinacle also states: "A smooth, relaxing listen (in custom form) backed up with good technicalities."

Mar 29, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #13 of 13
I would also rec the Mest MKII per what OP is looking for. It's by far the most used IEM I have hours on to date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back