Let's talk about true wireless full size headphones! Momentum 4, XM5, PX8, etc!
Apr 12, 2023 at 3:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

BrokeAudiophileMan

100+ Head-Fier
Does anybody here use wireless full size headphones? My to-go menu includes Focal Bathys, Momentum 4, and 450BT. I also have Galaxy Buds 2.

Basically if I'm going to a safe area, Bathys. Slightly less safe area, momentum. Bad area, 450BT. Really bad area, Galaxy Buds 2. Basically the way it works is the more likely I am to get the gear stolen, the cheaper gear I take with me.

I really like the Momentum 4 a lot and I know most audiophiles hate on them, but I enjoy their tuning, just like I enjoy the tuning of the old apple earpods from 2012. Nobody is saying these are detailed sounds but they are enjoyable. What do you guys have?

Apr 12, 2023 at 7:13 PM Post #2 of 4
I've been using Sony WH-1000XM3 for the past few years, which to me, sound excellent on both LDAC with my Android phone & Sony Walkman, or through my iPhone AAC.

At Christmas time, I bought the Sennheiser Momentum 4 as I like Sennheiser's tuning (I have the IE-300). I loved the sound with the Sennheiser, but the ear pads are a touch small for me, so after 2+ hours they become uncomfortable & have since sold them. Reverted back to the Sony's, which still sound excellent to me.

A lot of people that hate on these headphones probably haven't even used them, they just love the "audiophile" tag.

Apr 12, 2023 at 10:16 PM Post #3 of 4
I've been using Sony WH-1000XM3 for the past few years, which to me, sound excellent on both LDAC with my Android phone & Sony Walkman, or through my iPhone AAC.

At Christmas time, I bought the Sennheiser Momentum 4 as I like Sennheiser's tuning (I have the IE-300). I loved the sound with the Sennheiser, but the ear pads are a touch small for me, so after 2+ hours they become uncomfortable & have since sold them. Reverted back to the Sony's, which still sound excellent to me.

A lot of people that hate on these headphones probably haven't even used them, they just love the "audiophile" tag.
Ya I've heard both good and bad things about the sonys. Not familiar with the XM3 but I've watched a lot of reviews on the XM4 and XM5. Ultimately I don't think any of these bluetooth headphones sound as good as proper wired stuff to an amp. Not yet. We need the technology to advance more. I did consider getting either the Sony XM5 or the Bowers and Wilkins PX7 S2 but I decided to get more wired stuff instead. The Momentum 4 and Bathys are enough for me.

Apr 13, 2023 at 6:46 PM Post #4 of 4
Ya I've heard both good and bad things about the sonys. Not familiar with the XM3 but I've watched a lot of reviews on the XM4 and XM5. Ultimately I don't think any of these bluetooth headphones sound as good as proper wired stuff to an amp. Not yet. We need the technology to advance more. I did consider getting either the Sony XM5 or the Bowers and Wilkins PX7 S2 but I decided to get more wired stuff instead. The Momentum 4 and Bathys are enough for me.
Well yeah, but these headphones are not designed with a use case in mind of sitting at a desk, connected to an amp. Ultimately, they are designed for people moving about, in noisy environments. It's a silly comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back