Lets settle this: Where do you stand on Grado?
Aug 13, 2009 at 4:47 AM Post #91 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by priest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have had every Prestige series including all the "i" variants, and you think you will be able to stop just short of the RS1? Good luck with that, dude. Wanna buy a bridge?
normal_smile .gif

o2smile.gif
Some day, some day, all in good timing. My only regret was giving up my order on the HF-2. The wife found out how much they cost as she was paying the AE bill and that was the end of that.

Aug 13, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #92 of 96
I have owned a pair of SR-225s for the past year. Recently, I recabled them and ordered a headband and wooden cups from jmoney audio. This is the only pair of "high-end" cans that I have ever owned... but I love the quality and the look. I mostly listen to late 60s-70s rock music and love the sound that is reproduced with these headphones.

Aug 13, 2009 at 9:36 AM Post #94 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by snakeeater69 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like Grado but like many here, I also believe they have some issues. From me, my first decent headphone was the SR-80i. Upgrading from SR-80i to 325is I only heard minimal improvement, with the 325is being better. I kind of felt like have not gotten my moneys worth. But then again I've only used it with cheap sources and unamped. But it is cool though since I got my SR-325is brand new for only $180. I like the Grado sound and I think they sound fine with all kinds of music. I'm one of those people who care less about accuracy and just want good music.

I personally think there's a pretty big difference between the 80's and 325's. The difference is much more noticeable depending on your source/amp/type of files/etc. In general though, the two headphones sound very different from each other.

My girlfriend and I were having a chat on how much of a difference there really is between the 80's and 325's. We agreed that the 80's are probably 75% of the 325's, but even though it's 75% they're in a different league from each other.

But yeah... stupid Grados and their comfort issue.

Aug 13, 2009 at 9:57 AM Post #95 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by yukihiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally think there's a pretty big difference between the 80's and 325's. The difference is much more noticeable depending on your source/amp/type of files/etc. In general though, the two headphones sound very different from each other.

My girlfriend and I were having a chat on how much of a difference there really is between the 80's and 325's. We agreed that the 80's are probably 75% of the 325's, but even though it's 75% they're in a different league from each other.

But yeah... stupid Grados and their comfort issue.

Wow my missus falls instantly into a coma when i mention headphones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back