Let's hear it for the moderators
Nov 22, 2003 at 9:34 PM Post #31 of 51
A sincere thank you. Not only for your free knowledge and advice,but also for your patience and understanding,especially during (but not limited to) adverse conditions.

You have made this one of,if not the only, truely Premier sites the web has ever produced.

You guys are fantastic.

Thank you................................

Nov 22, 2003 at 9:40 PM Post #32 of 51
Careful, guys...I blush rather easily...

For real, thanks for all the nice comments!

smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 22, 2003 at 9:42 PM Post #33 of 51
thanks jude, thanks moderators, congrats stuartr!

i love the laid-back style around these parts, the measured lows, the polished highs, the excellent mids - i mean mods
biggrin.gif

Nov 22, 2003 at 9:59 PM Post #34 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by Uncledan
Bingo......I love purple.
biggrin.gif

I listened to a pair when I was visiting Toronto when I used to live "nearby".

Thanks to all the Mods! Thanks Stuart! The wandering Ronin, haha. Keeping us happy and keeping us in line.
wink.gif

-Ed

Nov 23, 2003 at 2:02 AM Post #35 of 51
We have mods?
confused.gif

LOL......just kidding. Congradulations.
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 23, 2003 at 9:37 AM Post #36 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by nanahachi
Thanks Jude, Jon, John, ET, MacDEF, Duncan (man, how are you? its been too long), Hirsch, Bob, DanG, Ken, V-1 (i never did make it over to HI
frown.gif
), Fred, Rick & Rick, kwkarth, Nick (i inherited your EAR+) Dangerous, Jason, Dusty, mbriant, Tim, TYLL, our newest--Stuart, and anyone else I may have forgotten
very_evil_smiley.gif

Hiya nanahachi...

Yup, its been a long time... I've had a few weeks of erm... unrest, and then another couple of weeks of forgetting it, whilst shooting crooks... long story... hope you're keeping well
smily_headphones1.gif
Quote:

Originally posted by Music Fanatic
Let me join the chorus of praise ... but I also have a question. What is the scope of responsibility for each moderator? For example, I see with pleasure that stuartr is a moderator; but I don't see any forum that lists him as a moderator of a particular forum. Is that because we have "ronin" (masterless samurai or masterless moderators?) here in Head-Fi? Or does each moderator have a specific bailiwick?

The moderators that have been assigned to a forum, have that assignment for formality only...

Really its all hands on deck when / if required (not that it is very often
wink.gif
) regardless of the forum that the trouble kicks off in.

Oh... and, please don't thank the moderators... thank yourselves... afterall, if there was loads of aggrevation, you'd see a whole lot more of us
wink.gif

Oh... and finally, congrats StuartR... I haven't been around much lately, so didn't see that you'd become a mod... guess i missed the party
wink.gif

Nov 23, 2003 at 12:26 PM Post #37 of 51
Yup, good mods here. I still wonder, though, why some appear to be double moderators. For example, when I check CI, it reads: "(Moderated by: john_jcb, Hirsch, JMT, joelongwood, john_jcb, jude, Tim D)".
wink.gif

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Nov 23, 2003 at 4:07 PM Post #39 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by john_jcb
I was told it was because I need to read the posts twice.

Like forwards and backwards in order to spot hidden satanic messenges?
evil_smiley.gif

Grinnings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Nov 29, 2003 at 5:39 AM Post #40 of 51
Congrats, Stuartr...!!!!

Wow, I noticed also that recently we have an increase in the number of moderators, no only Stuartr, we are getting more and more new moderators, it seems that Jude is extending his sword over more shoulders. BTW as you have already stated above, this is a really hard task, and those guys offer his time completely voluntarily without asking anything, I would like to thank the same way, all those guys who offer his time here for that hard job...Thnaks to all of our moderators, for keeping this place running safe......and BTW welcome also the newest one:

Congrats VOODOOCHILE.....honestly, congrats buddy, I'm very glad for you, and not only because I consider you as one of our more polite members, also you are a very talented DIYer, and a very nice person.....I have never seen any post from you, rude or offensive, or just showing that you are simply upset.....hope you will keep the same sense of humor, and politeness along this hard job....thanks Jude, nice election, I'm very glad for both....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Nov 29, 2003 at 6:11 AM Post #42 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by Sovkiller
Congrats VOODOOCHILE.....I have never seen any post from you, rude or offensive....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Are you sure about that?
I'm sure I've offended somebody at least once.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back