Let's hear it for Misfits!
May 28, 2008 at 10:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

tjkurita

1000+ Head-Fier
I just purchased Misfits by Misfits and I am thoroughly enjoying it! It is definitely not the last word in fidelity but for pure fun it is hard to beat! Especially in the summer in NYC. Play this bad boy on a cassette deck in a 1985 Chevy Nova and you've got something of the Great American Experience!

Anyone interested in punk rock and/or the origins of American Rock music should check it out. As far as I'm concerned this band is as essential to American music as Chuck Berry or the Ramones. Is the Chuck Berry comparison a stretch? Maybe... But I really dig this band.

Wahooo!

41bpIt%2BCk2L._SS500_.jpg

May 29, 2008 at 2:39 AM Post #3 of 10
lets be honest............Misfits would be unknown group without Danzig, his vocals are what makes the group great, horror punk is cool.
Mommie can I go out and kill tonight?

Don't stop with just Danzig era Misfits, get his follow up work with Samhain and 1st three Danzig albums also, great body of work

May 29, 2008 at 3:51 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't stop with just Danzig era Misfits, get his follow up work with Samhain and 1st four Danzig albums also, great body of work

Couldn't agree more!

May 29, 2008 at 9:47 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

lets be honest............Misfits would be unknown group without Danzig, his vocals are what makes the group great, horror punk is cool.
Mommie can I go out and kill tonight?

Don't stop with just Danzig era Misfits, get his follow up work with Samhain and 1st four Danzig albums also, great body of work

This is true. The post-Danzig era has pretty much sucked.

However, I think that if Graves had stayed with the band they could've had something good; I'm a big fan of Famous Monsters.

May 30, 2008 at 5:36 AM Post #8 of 10
Post-danzig misfits are HORRIBLE. I honestly can't stand listening to any of it.
But the original lineup...one of my favorite bands. There's only a handful of songs that I don't like by them.

I also I agree that it isn't exactly the last word in fidelity, it's actually some of the worst recorded stuff I have. But I actually kinda like that.

May 30, 2008 at 12:18 PM Post #9 of 10
If I didn't already have all the Cds I would like to get that Misfits Coffin Boxset, always thought that looked cool

Original Danzig era Misfits career burned out like a super nova star, with
Earth AD the horror punk style mutated to ultra high speed thrash and pushed style as far as possible..........Danzig wisely decided to move on to Samhain and not rehash old material again, and thus the original Misfits mystique remains intact.

The legend has been further immortalized with these great collection CDs, because there were only a couple official albums everything else scattered over many EPs and singles that would be impossible for average person to collect

May 30, 2008 at 10:05 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

The legend has been further immortalized with these great collection CDs, because there were only a couple official albums everything else scattered over many EPs and singles that would be impossible for average person to collect

Last time I checked ebay, the prices of the original 7" and various vinyls were very high as well. Collection 1 and 2 are essentials, though my personal favorite is still Static.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back