Let's have a meetup in Atlanta?
Dec 28, 2023 at 2:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

tjkohli

100+ Head-Fier
As the title says. I've personally struggled to "break into" the audiophile community in Atlanta, and it's hard to find people and equipment. There is Hi-Fi Buys, but that's it. Would love to try other headphones, swap/trade, and learn more from each other.

Jan 24, 2024 at 6:32 AM Post #2 of 9
I would be interested. I'm in Douglasville so just outside the perimeter.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2024 at 3:31 PM Post #3 of 9
Would love this. I'm SOP and there is absolutely nothing around here for us.

Mar 3, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #5 of 9
I'm central AL, if we set it up over a weekend so I didn't have to take off work I'd make the drive

Mar 13, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #6 of 9
In Cumming, love to meet up

Mar 13, 2024 at 3:09 PM Post #7 of 9
So we got 5 people! Nice! I think 10 may be enough to organize a mini-meetup. Any ideas on what kind of venue we should do it at?

Mar 14, 2024 at 10:54 AM Post #8 of 9
Before Covid, the Atlanta Audio Club (Society?) hosted a really nice headphone meet the first weekend (approx.) of May, if I remember correctly. The year I went it was held just northeast of I-285, in a pretty large (apartment's) clubhouse, and it was completely full. Maybe @purk can fill us in, as I think he is a member and is into headphones. Justin was there from Head-Amp with (a lot of stuff) a Blue Hawaii SE... That was the first time I'd heard electrostats played though world class amplification (both the Blue Hawaii and the KGSSHV Carbon). That was the year before I really took the plunge into a nice headphone setup - heck, if they still host it in May maybe I'd come this year also...

Mar 14, 2024 at 12:15 PM Post #9 of 9
I am not a member of the Atlanta Audio and Video Club anymore but I believe that they did have a small meet last year that I was not able to attend. Not sure about this year though.

https://www.atlantaaudioclub.org/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back