Let's Do it! The Final Holiday Exchange List
Nov 24, 2001 at 11:04 PM Post #47 of 55
Oooh! ooh! I got Moo's CD today... now the hard part: waiting
smily_headphones1.gif
Thanks Moo! And to Phoneprone: I finally chose the CD for you... it wasn't easy, trust me
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 24, 2001 at 11:11 PM Post #48 of 55
Quote:

Originally posted by Jon Beilin
Oooh! ooh! I got Moo's CD today... now the hard part: waiting
smily_headphones1.gif
Thanks Moo! And to Phoneprone: I finally chose the CD for you... it wasn't easy, trust me
smily_headphones1.gif

Hold on a minute! What do you mean by waiting? Are we supposed to not open the packages until Christmas?

Nov 26, 2001 at 12:14 AM Post #51 of 55
Quote:

Originally posted by rickcr42
It was my understanding that holiday gift exchange meant around Christmas.It would be way cool to all check out our "loot" about the same time and then post results

Yep, that's the rigth time I guess. I'll use FedEx or UPS just to make sure everything arives around that time. But I think our overseas friends should not worry about timelines. Just imagine if, let's say Chad, sends stuff to somebody in Argentina, for example. Quite sure wont make it for December.

Nov 26, 2001 at 1:18 AM Post #52 of 55
Quick note (heya onix) :
Once I decide on the CD I thought it might,at least in my case, have the best shot at on time arrival if I order it online and then ship to the "lucky dogs" address (sorry,couldn't resist
biggrin.gif
)
the mail system is not quite up to par (?????) right now and add to that the holiday mail and ,well you can see where I am coming from.

Nov 26, 2001 at 3:07 AM Post #53 of 55
Quote:

Originally posted by rickcr42
Quick note (heya onix) :
Once I decide on the CD I thought it might,at least in my case, have the best shot at on time arrival if I order it online and then ship to the "lucky dogs" address (sorry,couldn't resist
biggrin.gif
)
the mail system is not quite up to par (?????) right now and add to that the holiday mail and ,well you can see where I am coming from.

¡¡¡Hola Rick!!! ¿Qué onda amigo? I think the best bet is some non gubernamental post service like Fed-Ex or UPS. Besides, the postal service is not really that trustable as you say. Take care Rick.

Nov 26, 2001 at 4:21 AM Post #54 of 55
yeah,probably the only way to go right now--order and have sent directly to ________ via fedex 2nd day,don't want to chance the postal service screwing this up (have had some recent problems),and think I have made up my mind
biggrin.gif
but still considering other choices.Can't be ordinary here,just don't fit what is expected of the rickster
very_evil_smiley.gif

'course can't be over the top either
eek.gif

Dec 3, 2001 at 1:36 PM Post #55 of 55
Mail to Canada from the U.S. has been unpredictable lately. Two recent items I've purchased took nearly 3 weeks. And now it's Christmas season. I'm sending my CD out to San Francisco this week just to be sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back