Let's do a Honolulu Headfizers meeting!
Oct 15, 2001 at 1:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Vertigo-1

Señor Sony
Alright, it seems we actually have quite a bit of Headfizers here in Honolulu! How about it? Whoever is in Honolulu and wants to do one of those little gatherings, sign in here, and we'll talk details later.
biggrin.gif

Oct 15, 2001 at 1:28 AM Post #2 of 19
Sounds good to me.
Vert. and I already talked about this and i'm willing to host--
I live in town next to makiki park--plenty parking, easy to find, and it's a house--so no walk ups with equipment etc.,
however i'm agreeable to other suggestions--e.g., if someone lives on the beach where we can try out equipment while watching bikinis
wink.gif

lets show those mainlanders how it's done aloha style!
jeremy

Oct 15, 2001 at 6:00 AM Post #6 of 19
Sounds good to me but i've got family obligations being a care giver so i may not be able to attend...jeremymayf, is makiki park the one near the freeway overpass?

Oct 15, 2001 at 7:00 AM Post #7 of 19
"jeremymayf, is makiki park the one near the freeway overpass?"

Yup, it's very close to Punohou School, and if you've ever driven up Mt. Tantalus, Makiki Street(my street) is the road you have used. I'll PM you the particulars squirt.
By the way, my schedule is very open--school/work tues-thurs. and home by 4pm on those days, and free the rest of the time. How is everyone else's schedule?

Oct 15, 2001 at 7:16 AM Post #8 of 19
I'm basically free everyday after 2:30-3:00...I get out of class everyday at 2:00PM, then I run home and just chill out for the rest of the day pretty much. Maybe do some homework at night, maybe not.
biggrin.gif
Weekends are also very open for me, unless I have some big test on Monday or project, etc.

I was thinking we could do this maybe towards the end of October/beginning of November. But before making any plans I want to just let everybody who thinks they can be there to check in first, then we can get down to the particulars. The main people I had wanted to check in have already it seems...just waiting to see if there's any I didn't catch off the top of my head.

Maybe we can start listing what equipment we can have there...
smily_headphones1.gif
I'll be able to offer:

Denon DCM-370
Totem Acoustic Sinew interconnects
RKV Mark II tube amp
McCormack Micro Drive
JMT Altoid amp
Allesandro Music Series Pro
Sony MDR-V6
Sennheiser HD-600 + Red Clous
Etymotic 4S
Grado HP-1
and the big one, the Sony MDR-R10
smily_headphones1.gif

Alright, let's see a list of what else is on the table from everybody else! List it all, I saw interconnects in several people's systems that I'd love to get to hear.

Oh, and who's got the camera?
biggrin.gif

Oct 15, 2001 at 7:43 AM Post #9 of 19
eek.gif
that's an impressive list vertigo

I'll add to it:
Sony scd-333
Rio
tara labs master Gen. II interconnects
RA-1
EMP
RS-1
Senn HD-600--(Red clou's ordered and on the way)
Ety 4p
several lesser caliber cans--Koss, etc.,

I do have a dig. Cam-corder--it also takes stills--but the quality of the stills is only so-so

Oct 16, 2001 at 4:04 AM Post #11 of 19
Jeez....All I can offer is:

Rio 250
Grado 80's
Total Airhead (ordered already)

and lastly--PIZZA & REFRESHMENTS!!

hey jeremy, clue me in on the date and time. My schedule leaves me open after 1 pm M-F and open on the weekends.

Oct 16, 2001 at 6:52 PM Post #13 of 19
You guys are lucky to be able to hear those R10's!

Don't forget to post penty of pics, I would like to have at least one with a brave soul wearing the R10's just to see how they look like on, I care not who it is, just any human will do
wink.gif

Have fun guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back