lets compile a list of headphones that died on you through old age!
Nov 30, 2008 at 10:40 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaspianPH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
still under warranty? Talk to the etymotic service dudes.

(Phone: 847-228-0006
Toll-free 1-888-Etymotic (1-888-389-6684)
Fax: 847-228-6836

Hours: 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM CST, Monday - Friday
)

I had my er6-i's for almost a year and going strong before they met their untimely demise at the hands (jaws) of my dog.

EDIT: stupid question, but have you ever replaced the filters on those er6-i's of yours?

I don't think mine is still under warranty, I didn't register them like they tell you to. Anyway, I took off the heatshrink stuff on the side that wasn't working, so I don't think that they would take it in.

Oh, and also, I have replaced the filters. I thought that could have been the cause of the problems.

Nov 30, 2008 at 10:46 PM Post #17 of 19
Even though you never registered them, try to find a copy of the receipt and give them a call and ask. Even if you can't find a receipt, still make a call and see if they can service them for a (hopefully small) fee. It won't hurt to ask, right?

Good luck, man

Dec 1, 2008 at 1:00 AM Post #18 of 19
Really only some cheap portable 'phones have totally died on me.

The right channel went out on my 4 year old E3c, but I figured it was probably earwax buildup, so I rinsed them out with rubbing alchohol and let them dry for a long time and they actually came back to life.

Dec 2, 2008 at 4:31 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaspianPH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even though you never registered them, try to find a copy of the receipt and give them a call and ask. Even if you can't find a receipt, still make a call and see if they can service them for a (hopefully small) fee. It won't hurt to ask, right?

Good luck, man

Thanks for all of the stuff you PMed me. I hope they'll fix them for a small fee.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back