Let's Catch A Thief!! (Update: CAUGHT!)
Apr 4, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #257 of 430
Apr 5, 2013 at 4:02 AM Post #258 of 430
Since i Live in Poland i wont be able to activly help, however, a few tips might come in handy.
1st, would be good if the person who got their credit card stolen was contacted.

Odds are the thief is a known person to the victim.
Assuming this is wrong, the victim might be able to narrow down the area or time frame when the credit cards were stolen, ginving a starting point or an operative area to work with (i doubt the thief is smart enought to steal outside his comfort zone).

Finally, Taking the picture and asking in shops around the area i mentioned previously if they recognize someone like that in their neibourhood.

Its a bit Raw, but you have to start somewhere.

Well kinda outdated information i guess...

Batman Did it again!

Apr 5, 2013 at 4:08 AM Post #259 of 430
He must have really really wanted some amps to go all the way stealing a credit card to purchase them.
Hope you find out whoever is responsible and have them castrated.

Apr 5, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #260 of 430
Since i Live in Poland i wont be able to activly help, however, a few tips might come in handy.
1st, would be good if the person who got their credit card stolen was contacted.

Odds are the thief is a known person to the victim.
Assuming this is wrong, the victim might be able to narrow down the area or time frame when the credit cards were stolen, ginving a starting point or an operative area to work with (i doubt the thief is smart enought to steal outside his comfort zone).

Finally, Taking the picture and asking in shops around the area i mentioned previously if they recognize someone like that in their neibourhood.

Its a bit Raw, but you have to start somewhere.

Well kinda outdated information i guess...

Batman Did it again!

He must have really really wanted some amps to go all the way stealing a credit card to purchase them.
Hope you find out whoever is responsible and have them castrated.

Read the posts from the previous page. They got the thief. At least the amps for sure. We are waiting for the details on how it was accomplished . :D

Apr 5, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #261 of 430
Yeah, i read the info later on and noticed i was so late to the party that there was noone left. :D

Apr 5, 2013 at 7:27 AM Post #262 of 430
As was previously stated, Todd's gear was recovered, which is awesome!

Kudos to the Torrance Police department for working with any tips they were given, and doggedly investigating and pursuing those responsible.

As for the details: As I understand it, the Torrance Police are still hard at work on the case. As more details are released, we'll post them here.

Apr 5, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #263 of 430
Oh... Yeah, if the Police havent closed the case they might not want to reveal all the information regarding the Investigation as it might make it easier for the perpetrator to avoid the authorities.

Apr 5, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #265 of 430
I hope anyone who is willing to spend $15K+ frequents audio message boards.  This should be posted on all forums. 

Edit:  Whoops.  I didn't read through the whole thread.

Apr 6, 2013 at 5:34 AM Post #266 of 430
I only hope this loser wont just throw the amps away into the trash now because of fear because of this understandable headhunt..

it would be a terrible shame and a big loss for the rightfull owners!!

I saw it happen a couple of times when i worked at the leiden (in the netherlands..lolz) police department. Twice we found a stolen item completely destroyed at the trash graveyard.

That would be such a shame..those kind of people buy stuff with stolen creditcards to sell it to others as fast as possible..on ebay, local papers and other places...they dont care if they have to dismiss of it when noticed..i mean..generally..

but u also have stupid peeeeps..who actually buy stuff for themselves with 'found' creditcards..

good luck guys..hope u catch them..and find the amps in one piece...and i hope the seller is insured for this!

Edit..just read the amps are back to the rightful owners..thank god!!!

Apr 6, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #268 of 430
congrats to Todd. hopefully this scumbag will be amped from his rear now
L3000.gif

Apr 6, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #269 of 430
Todd is in Torrance Ca. this morning (both him and his son) to meet law enforcement. They will bundle up the ill gotten booty, package it carefully and be off to Montana! Todd and his boy will drive in relays... I was on the phone line with Todd a week back when word came down the case broke.....I'll let Todd bask in the glory and details when he gets back!! Our prayers and positive thinking were a big help!!

Apr 6, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #270 of 430
Congrats to Todd and all the headfiers who help Todd resolve his problem.  We truly are a great community. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back