Let's Catch A Thief!! (Update: CAUGHT!)
Mar 19, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #92 of 430
Quote:
If ever there's an instance where this statement was warranted on Head-Fi, this is it:

Todd, sorry about your wallet.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

+1

Mar 19, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #96 of 430
Quote:
Was this guy ever apprehended? 

HE WILL.

I am sure he is watching this thread (must be googling ...).....You read that SCUM...YOU WILL BE, just count your free days.

Mar 19, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #97 of 430
Todd have you been able to contact the original card holder? Perhaps the CC company can do so for you and give your contact email. Perhaps the guy that had his card # stolen has more info on the guy. It's been a while but hope you can recoup something. It's one of those few times you hope a product actually fails under warranty.

Mar 19, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #98 of 430
Quote:
Unless this person scammed these for his own use, I highly doubt he still has the goods, or is still trying to sell them 6 months after the fact.  Not sure why this didn't get publicized earlier.  If he sold them somewhere online, it would take some serious google forensics to track him or the goods down.  

The guy is in Torrance, California, TTVJ is in Three Folks, Montana, and a credit card company is involved. That's why it took so long. So where does one file a police report? I hope this low-life gets apprehended.

Mar 19, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #100 of 430
Quote:
Might not hurt to post the serial number as well for potential buyers

The serial numbers on the amps are 12391001 and 12391002

Mar 19, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #101 of 430
WOW, I'd love to get my hands on this guy and break him in two. I really feel bad for Todd :frowning2: 

Mar 19, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #102 of 430
Quote:
Unless this person scammed these for his own use, I highly doubt he still has the goods, or is still trying to sell them 6 months after the fact.  Not sure why this didn't get publicized earlier.  If he sold them somewhere online, it would take some serious google forensics to track him or the goods down.  

Totally agree with this post. It would be amazing to be able to recover the amps but so much time has already passed, the chances of getting this resolved the way we want it to is slim. Very slim. Still, all the best wishes. 

Mar 19, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #103 of 430
Quote:

Oh, come on! So you think that they are worse than pedophiles and rapists? Don't exaggerate.

I really don't want to hijack this thread at all, so I'm just going to say that no I don't think they are worse then pedophiles and rapists; rather I think the penalties for most crimes in the US are grossly anemic.

Mar 19, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #104 of 430
I really don't want to hijack this thread at all, so I'm just going to say that no I don't think they are worse then pedophiles and rapists; rather I think the penalties for most crimes in the US are grossly anemic.

You are clearly someone who is after vengeance and blood rather than someone intent on solving the problem and helping everyone involved.

There's an essay out there written by a guy who's been in solitary confinement for over twenty-five years. If you can find it and read it, you'll realize that harsher punishments just either make harder and angrier career criminals, or just completely break people. Harsher punishments are not effective as deterrents as anyone who thinks they can get away with it (AKA the lion's share of criminals) is still going to try to do it.

Does this guy who stole the amps deserve to be punished? Of course. Is a harsher punishment going to solve the problem of crime or just exacerbate it? Perhaps in the future, whether we move closer to a "police state" or a "hippy paradise", we will see.

Mar 19, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #105 of 430
Posted this in another forum I visit, lets hope we can get this guy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back