Let me Introduce myself and please help me to choose my Headphone !!!
Jul 9, 2014 at 6:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Pituky

100+ Head-Fier
Hello

My Name is Robert I really enjoy listening good music. I'm following this forum silently. Excellent forum by the way
I'm new to the headphone technology, I've purchased last week some Sennheiser HD 250 ,   too much bass for my taste, mids and highs are  fully recessed . Very bad for classic !!

Im going to sell it to an Electronic music lover.

I want sparky and clear highs, ad some good equilibrated lows but not too exaggerated but present, if mids are a little recessed not problem. 
Good instrument separation and definition.  And a nice Soundstage for classic music.
I will use it mainly with Classic, Jazz, Pop, Chill out and at last some R&B and electronic music.
No amped headphone is a requirement (if possible).

I'm restricted only to the following options according to price and availability here.
Do not consider the price on the list, please just recommend the best you consider to my needs.
Accept any other recommendation but these are the models available here for this price range.

Guys Thank you very much in advance, I really need your help I've read the reviews for all the Headphones listed below and still I do not know what to do, I do not want to waste my money again :xf_eek:).

I want to enjoy this great Forum !!!

SENNHEISER
HD 558  ---> 272 €
HD 25-SP II  --->  220 €
HD 360 ---> 170 €
HD 380 —-> 280 €
HD 515 —> 136 €
HD 280 —> 181 €
HD 518 —> 227 €
HD 419 —> 90 €
HD 449 —> 220 €

BEYERDINAMICS
DT 770 PRO  (AMPED SHOULD BUY AN AMP, it count s)
DT 990 PRO (AMPED SHOULD BUY AN AMP, it count s)
DT 660
DT 250  (AMPED SHOULD BUY AN AMP, it count s)
Custom One Pro

AKG
K240 Mk2 ---> 245 €
K141 -—> 225 €
K142 — 220 €
K121 -—> 176 € 
K514 ---> 127 €
K99 —> 112 €
K81 DJ ---> 100 €
K404 ——> 68€
K271 —> 272 €
K512 —> 80 €
K77 —> 80 €

SHURE
SHR 550 DJ —-> 135 €
SHR 750 DJ —> 210 €
SHR 240 ——> 139 €
SHR 440 —> 136 €
SHR 840 —> 270 €

AUDIO TECHNICA
ATH-PRO 700SV —> 260 €
ATH-PRO 5VA —> 141 €
ATH M20 —> 60 €
ATH M40 FS  —> 123 € 
ATH M35 —> 100 €
ATH M30 —> 130 €
ATH M50 —> 250 €

KLIPSCH
IMAGE ONE —> 210 €
REFERENCE ONE ——> 261 €

CAD
MH510 —-> 222 €

SAMSON
RH600 —> 55 €
SR850 —> 48 € (fabricados por SuperFlux son los HD688B)

KOSS
PRO DJ 100 —> 80 €

PHILIPS
Fidelio L1 —> 163 €
Fidelio M1 28i  —> 120 € 

DENON
DN HP500 —-> 163 €
DN HP700 —-> 218 €

SUPERFLUX
HD688B —> 55 €

YAMAHA
HPH PRO 400 —> 209 €
HPT MT 120 —> 120 €

BOSE
AE2 —> 180 €

TECHNICS
PD-DJS 1205 —> 200 €

END OF LIST

Jul 10, 2014 at 7:32 AM Post #2 of 10
welcome to head fi and sorry for your wallet.

erm where are you getting those prices from?  they seem VERY high to me.  anyway my suggestion is HD600

http://www.amazon.de/Sennheiser-4465-HD-600-Stereo-Kopfh%C3%B6rer/dp/B00004SY4H/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404991743&sr=8-1&keywords=HD+600

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD-600-Monitoring-Headphones/dp/B00004SY4H/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1404991827&sr=1-1&keywords=sennheiser+hd+600

oddly right now the us amazon is fractionally cheaper which is unusual, senns are normally cheapest on german amazon

Jul 10, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #3 of 10
Hi Mark 

I really appreciate your hep, yes the prices are the double or more here.
Yes I'm so sorry too :wink:

For example the price for the HD 600 here is  about 471 £ (The cheapest ones) (1 HD600 = 1 standard monthly salary)

I'm living in Buenos Aires right now, our government punish us when purchasing goods abroad.  It is crazy.
We have a 35 % of punishment over the payment done with the credit card, and we have to pay additional 50% for Custom Duties plus a fixed amount for Custom Storage etc etc. 
The products can stay for about 6 months in custom, and we have to pray, during this 6 months because the product could be taken by someone else (do you know what I mean). 

This is why it is so expensive (and overpriced) purchasing electronics and any other imported stuff, here.

I see, I know,  the headphones on my list does not deserve even a try, I will save some money for the HD600 and for a good amp.

What kind of amp do you use for them? Do you recommend andy portable one, maybe with DAC included?

Kindly regards and thank you

Jul 10, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #4 of 10

For example the price for the HD 600 here is  about 471 £ (The cheapest ones) (1 HD600 = 1 standard monthly salary)

I'm living in Buenos Aires right now, our government punish us when purchasing goods abroad.  It is crazy.
We have a 35 % of punishment over the payment done with the credit card, and we have to pay additional 50% for Custom Duties plus a fixed amount for Custom Storage etc etc. 
The products can stay for about 6 months in custom, and we have to pray, during this 6 months because the product could be taken by someone else (do you know what I mean). 

Wow that's even worse than the Philippines. Over here we get a customs law that basically says, "Customs Agents reserve the right to call B.S. on declared prices and a minimum fee applies for items of retail quantity." The first part wouldn't be a problem if the last part was detailed, unfortunately it's not - I've heard of somebody buying capacitors and other small amp parts who got slapped with the minimum fee that is actually a few US$ more than the total price of the items, because he obviously had more than one of each item (DUH). In another case, they wanted to slap taxes on a replacement unit, because even if the person had a receipt for the initial purchase, the serial number was different (double DUH). When I get any items from out post office nowadays I wear my camera around my neck with the power indicator lamp visible, and they just release everything. It's worse with FedEx though - they have some kind of arrangement with our government that they inspect the stuff coming in closely, so it's possible that FedEx will inform you of the exorbitant fees or the stuff will end up somewhere (haven't seen any stuff I like on Baggage Battles though).

If you have friends or relatives going to the EU or US/Canada, or even Japan, you can have them buy the stuff you want and then they bring it home in their luggage. If they live over there and will visit your city, you can buy with your credit card and have it delivered to their address over there.

Jul 10, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #5 of 10
  Hi Mark 

This is why it is so expensive (and overpriced) purchasing electronics and any other imported stuff, here.

I see, I know,  the headphones on my list does not deserve even a try, I will save some money for the HD600 and for a good amp.

What kind of amp do you use for them? Do you recommend andy portable one, maybe with DAC included?

ahhhh

i just presumed from your use of euro's that you were in the EU somewhere.  so yeah, Brazil is famous for its massively high tariffs, not that im going to comment on the economic policies of south america.  still could be worse, you could be in argentina, the land of a century of economic stagnation.

so i really have no idea whats available or what things cost there so going only by what you say, im not really a headphone guy, im more IEM but toss the Bose out.  otherwise id still go towards senn.  the HD558 probably as its big and open so sound stage should be great, or if you want closed the HD25-II as they have a great rep and are built like tanks.

Jul 10, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #6 of 10
  Hi Mark 

Isn't the obvious solution to bypass customs and buy of the FS/FT forums here, and marked "$50 used headphones"? People do it from the US to Canada all the time...

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #7 of 10
  Isn't the obvious solution to bypass customs and buy of the FS/FT forums here, and marked "$50 used headphones"? People do it from the US to Canada all the time...

The problem isn't just the law but the Customs agents. Read his post (and my reply to that) again - they can trump up the fees and hold the item until it "disappears" because, come on, look at all the stuff they're stuck with!  You couldn't possibly expect them to keep track of all that! (I'm being sarcastic at this point)

I'd elaborate but it will already go too deep into disallowed discussion around here.

Jul 11, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #8 of 10
Thank you all !!

Quote:
  .  so yeah, Brazil is famous for its massively high tariffs, not that im going to comment on the economic policies of south america.  still could be worse, you could be in argentina, the land of a century of economic stagnation.

Buenos Aires is located in Argentina,  "There is no evil that lasts a hundred years"  that was wrong...indeed :)
Argentina is not stagnated is getting worse on a daily basis. The very corrupt government (deviate millions from the country budget to their own pockets) and they increase poverty on purpose to be able to purchase votes with food or money, they create dependency. It is an evil, strategy.
I'm Italian too, lived most of the time here,  and I used to live in Italy and Spain, I regret every day the moment I took roots here again, now with wife and kids and a complete new life here it is so complicated to go back to Europe again.
Sadly to us, Brazil  our neighbors are not doing their homework fine lately. 
By the way this is a big OUT OF TOPIC  Sorry, but sure it can explain some of the situation.

We can not import used stuff, but since last December the import laws changed here,  Before December a package coming from USA could take 15 days, and 3 weeks from China. And they were received on my door.

Now it takes about 6 months disregarding the origin, in Customs they identify all the packages, and they are stuck at the Custom Storages.
Then after six months you will receive a telegram informing that your product is available, you have to complete hundred of forms and pay a lot of fees before, then you must travel about 2 hours to a distant custom area and make a line for 2 additional hours to get the package......   It is a nightmare , I did it once (just for a Canon Battery, no more).
6 months, expensive fees, half a day, dealing with heavy traffic jams, only to get a battery...they are kidding.

Before that I (and the people here) used to purchase a lot of stuffs from Ebay, DealXtreme. etc etc.  but those days gone !!

The solutions is to contact any flight attendant and ask for a favor; or wait until I have to go to USA for business.... or go to Spain to visit some friends.

Returning to Headphones

Yesterday I've purchased the Suplerlux hd668b (50 u$s ),it is a toy, but sounds 10000000 times better than my Sennheiser HD205..... For the price they sounds like heaven jejeje.

This is a temporary solution Until I can have a more professional Headphone (HD600 or similar) and AMP + DAC !!

Thank you for the help on defining my next purchase, you are a great guys !! 

Thank you very much to all !!!!! 

Jul 11, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #9 of 10

Buenos Aires is located in Argentina,  "There is no evil that lasts a hundred years"  that was wrong...indeed :)
Argentina is not stagnated is getting worse on a daily basis. The very corrupt government (deviate millions from the country budget to their own pockets) and they increase poverty on purpose to be able to purchase votes with food or money, they create dependency. It is an evil, strategy.
I'm Italian too, lived most of the time here,  and I used to live in Italy and Spain, I regret every day the moment I took roots here again, now with wife and kids and a complete new life here it is so complicated to go back to Europe again.
Sadly to us, Brazil  our neighbors are not doing their homework fine lately. 
By the way this is a big OUT OF TOPIC  Sorry, but sure it can explain some of the situation.

Returning to Headphones

Yesterday I've purchased the Suplerlux hd668b (50 u$s ),it is a toy, but sounds 10000000 times better than my Sennheiser HD205..... For the price they sounds like heaven jejeje.

This is a temporary solution Until I can have a more professional Headphone (HD600 or similar) and AMP + DAC !!

Thank you for the help on defining my next purchase, you are a great guys !! 

Thank you very much to all !!!!! 

doh! obviously yes although im not quite sure how i skim read Buenos Aires as Brazil.  re the stagnation, as an economics student argentina crops up often as global oddity, once having a gdp per capita equal to that of france and canada but essentially has not grown economically in a hundred years.  its quite the curiosity.  still, you have my sympathy with that crazy kirchner woman running the place.

back to the headphones.  if im honest, given the vast price differences i would suggest buy nothing.  save your money till your next in europe (spain i suspect) and then take advantage of senns being much much cheaper.  or if your going to the US get something thats much cheaper there.  i presume you do travel every so often from what you mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back