Let make an official heavys h1h thread?
Aug 23, 2023 at 7:57 AM Post #16 of 120
I just received mine and working on a 7 to 10 minutes video review on it.

I also want to share EQ settings the I find work best all round and other ideas to improve the experience and also just feedback from all who received them already and want to share their experience.

I'm adding here a Poweramp eq setting the I liked best for Bluetooth

I made two files one a little brighter and one a little boomier

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VeaR8C0InYxMq1Xq-_Dldmk2AFPYkq5i/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VeaR8C0InYxMq1Xq-_Dldmk2AFPYkq5i/view?usp=drivesdk
Did you have ANC enabled when you configured these?

Aug 23, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #19 of 120
I haven't done any EQ at all -- but boy, does these feel like they need it. 😅

I wish these had an app for EQ that did the EQ on the headphones, as I don't mess with EQ otherwise, if at all.

They do make 80's pop sound fuller and richer, but details are... rather hard to hear. There's just a lot of bloat in the mid-bass.

Aug 23, 2023 at 8:14 PM Post #20 of 120
I wish these had an app for EQ that did the EQ on the headphones, as I don't mess with EQ otherwise, if at all

I use the Wavelet app and it works great.

Aug 24, 2023 at 9:43 PM Post #22 of 120
Got mine yesterday. For the price the build quality is very good, quite heavy (no pun intended!). The case is well-designed too, when I got the package I thought it couldn't be the Heavys as the box was pretty small, folds down into a fairly small shell.

Sound-wise, I started cranking up some Obsequiae. The headphone's good with isolated instruments and the well-recorded harp lines in Aria of Vernal Tombs come across nicely indeed. But when the rest of the band kicked in, I was expecting more slam. It sounds rather polite, and there's a haziness to the sound that isn't that great. I'm trying to burn them in to get a feel for how the drivers perform after some hours clocked in. So far it certainly won't top my B&W P7s. Still, for the price I couldn't really expect too much, but out of the box I get the feeling it will be a wait and see headphone - get some hours on the drivers and some time experimenting with different options before making a judgement on whether I'll keep them.

Aug 30, 2023 at 7:28 PM Post #24 of 120
Mine finally arrived today. Charging them up, but beyond Bluetooth on my phone, I can't listen to them how I plan to, connected via the analog 2.5mm jack to my NAD 3020 in the bedroom, because there's no cord! Did others receive an analog cord to go with the jack or is just not included?

Aug 31, 2023 at 12:59 AM Post #25 of 120
Mine finally arrived today. Charging them up, but beyond Bluetooth on my phone, I can't listen to them how I plan to, connected via the analog 2.5mm jack to my NAD 3020 in the bedroom, because there's no cord! Did others receive an analog cord to go with the jack or is just not included?
IIRC it was an optional add-on.
However you easily be able to buy it elsewhere.

Sep 13, 2023 at 2:37 AM Post #26 of 120
I received my Heavys today and have some initial impressions. The build quality exceeded my expectations, seems quite well built and good materials. Obviously longevity is an unknown at this point...

The sound quality is decent for the price definitely (I paid the cheapest early bird price, I was backer 164 or something around there); but nothing that special or mind-blowing.

Keep in mind that I operate at the higher-end of things; but for someone who has never owned a pair of headphones as expensive as the Heavys' are, I can imagine they would be satisfied with their purchase.

Sep 20, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #27 of 120
Poweramp with hell blocker on

DF1A0b7v2gTx.png

DF1A0b7v2gTx.png

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #28 of 120
Just received a loan pair of Heavys, so I could measure the FR. These definitely have too much upper bass to produce clean sound, so maybe they pursued live gig style sound or something. I feel the bass is a bit too slow and it masks other frequencies. Even though the aggressive upper mids help to bring energy to the sound, for me they are almost too much. On the other hand, sound is loud and wild, which might suit the target audience. :smile: Extra tweeters can be heard clearly, as treble cuts quite nicely through the thick bass. Cymbals, for example, are well separated without being too bright or piercing. With some music the end result can be fun and powerful sounding, whereas many times I would prefer less bass and smoother upper mids. The multi driver setup is interesting, as it makes the bass, mids and treble sound like they are coming from different places.

1695392309651.png

Deactivating Hell Blocker adds more bass bloat and softens the sound so that bass feels less impactful. On the other hand, this way mids are not too aggressive for me anymore.
1695393768451.png

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #29 of 120
Just received a loan pair of Heavys, so I could measure the FR. These definitely have too much upper bass to produce clean sound, so maybe they pursued live gig style sound or something. I feel the bass is a bit too slow and it masks other frequencies. Even though the aggressive upper mids help to bring energy to the sound, for me they are almost too much. On the other hand, sound is loud and wild, which might suit the target audience. :smile: Extra tweeters can be heard clearly, as treble cuts quite nicely through the thick bass. Cymbals, for example, are well separated without being too bright or piercing. With some music the end result can be fun and powerful sounding, whereas many times I would prefer less bass and smoother upper mids. The multi driver setup is interesting, as it makes the bass, mids and treble sound like they are coming from different places.

Deactivating Hell Blocker adds more bass bloat and softens the sound so that bass feels less impactful. On the other hand, this way mids are not too aggressive for me anymore.
This is fantastic thank you!
Can you provide the file (I forgot its bame at the moment) which we could feed into the graph tool from crinacle to get the optimal EQ settings?

Edit: Nevermind just discovered your signature.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #30 of 120
This is fantastic thank you!
Can you provide the file (I forgot its bame at the moment) which we could feed into the graph tool from crinacle to get the optimal EQ settings?

Edit: Nevermind just discovered your signature.
It is always hard to say how accurate the measurements are especially at higher frequencies. So please tell, how you find the end result if you try some EQ. :relaxed:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back