Lepai Tripath + Polk Audio Monitor30 = decent cheap set up?
Jan 2, 2012 at 2:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

potatoos

100+ Head-Fier
As per title, I would like to know if this set up is any good, or if there is some other similarly priced amp/receiver to fit the purpose. 
No sub needed as I am not a bass head and have been content without a sub for some 5 years or so now. 
I have heard good things about the polk speakers and assume that the lepai is acceptable (especially for the price).

Any input appreciated.

Jan 2, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #2 of 4

Quote:
As per title, I would like to know if this set up is any good, or if there is some other similarly priced amp/receiver to fit the purpose. 
No sub needed as I am not a bass head and have been content without a sub for some 5 years or so now. 
I have heard good things about the polk speakers and assume that the lepai is acceptable (especially for the price).
Any input appreciated.

Well, with Polk Audio Monitors usually on sale somewhere, the price is usually good for what your getting.

Jan 2, 2012 at 5:23 AM Post #3 of 4
I have an out of production Polk M3 with that lepai and am stoked with the SQ (for the $$) and the M30II goes just a little lower than the M3 ^^ If u think you need more beef have a look at the TK2050 based amps

Jan 2, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks. I think that when the money becomes available, that I will be doing this.

One more question, Does anyone know how the Monitor 50 (floorstanding) compares to these speakers as far as bang for buck goes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back