Lepai LP-2020A+ replacement?
Nov 22, 2017 at 9:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

iandroo888

New Head-Fier
I recently added a Schiit Magni 2 Uber to my system. Reason for my question is i think my Lepai is starting to be funky.. Sometimes takes a while to "click" before i hear anything through speakers. If i plug into the Magni with headphones, i get sound, but sometimes nothing through the lepai for minutes

My system consisted of Computer => Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (DAC) => Schiit Magni 2 Uber (Headphone Amp) => Lepai LP-2020A+ (Speaker Amp) => Dayton Audio SUB-1000 => Pioneer SP-BS22-LR

I also use a BeyerDynamic DT880 250 ohm headphones as well, hence why i bought the Schiit Magni 2 Uber.

Apparently whatever those lepy's are that mimic the lepai's are no where as good. So maybe looking for a replacement. Doesn't have to be in the same class but around $100 maybe?

Or maybe its the issue of putting an amp after an amp.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #3 of 3
I'm happy with my SMSL A2 TDA7492. Twice the power, all the same features (multi-function knob though), plus a line level subwoofer pass-through in case you want to try that configuration (for which you'd need a 3.5mm-to-RCA Y cable). Comes in black or black/silver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back