Leonard Cohen
Jun 4, 2002 at 10:31 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by TSK
John,
IMO, the album "Famous Blue Raincoat" is one of the best records you can buy and Jennifer's voice is SOOO GOOOD! You'll enjoy it a lot!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Well it arrived in the mail today. You are right her voice is fantastic. I think I will bring it with me to the Headroom show tomorrow. See what she sounds like through the Orpheus and the Blockhead. I unfortuantely left my amp at work so I will wait until tomorrow to listen to her with headphones.

Jun 5, 2002 at 5:51 PM Post #17 of 24
John
Did you also get "The Well"? I think it may be better than "Famous Blue Raincoat". If you do like "The Well" there is a very good album by Emmylou Harris called "Wrecking Ball" that reminds me of "The Well" in the way they are produced. If you don't already have this CD, it is well worth the price. Sorry to get off topic, but it seems this topic has swung halfway to Jennifer Warnes anyway, and I think that finding out about different kinds of music is what we're all trying to accomplish.

Jun 5, 2002 at 5:52 PM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by Mr.PD
The only Leonard Cohen song I have ever heard is "The Future" it is the song that plays during the closing credits of NATURAL BORN KILLERS. I love that song
evil_smiley.gif

I recorded that song into mp3 from the DVD of that movie. I really do love that song, it's one of my all time fav's.

he also sings a song that is played during the opening credits (which i happen to like more): waiting for the miracle.

pick up the soundtrack, it's ingenious. of course, you can't expect anything less when trent reznor produced it..

Jun 6, 2002 at 4:22 AM Post #19 of 24
I love leonard cohen. I have "leonard cohen: songs" and I listen to it often. I love his enigmatic lyrics.

Jun 6, 2002 at 1:07 PM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by rickfri
John
Did you also get "The Well"?

I ordered it at the same time but they were coming from different warehouses. I am looking forward to listening to it also. I have listened to the songs from "Famous Blue Raincoat" on a number of different setups including the Orpheus at the Headroom show. If you get a chance to go to the show I would highly recommend listening to her at the "High End" box of equipment. It is one of the recordings that I will use from now on to do comparisons.

Jul 26, 2002 at 4:30 PM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by rickfri
John
Did you also get "The Well"? I think it may be better than "Famous Blue Raincoat". If you do like "The Well" there is a very good album by Emmylou Harris called "Wrecking Ball" that reminds me of "The Well" in the way they are produced. If you don't already have this CD, it is well worth the price.

Finally got the Emmylou Harris' Wrecking Ball CD. She has a different voice than Jennifer but I am enjoying it very much. I have listened to the track "Deeper Well" over and over again.

Jul 28, 2002 at 10:34 AM Post #22 of 24
Yea, "Deeper Well" is a very well recorded song. I really like "Wrecking Ball" because she covers so many different artists,
some of them well known (Hendrix, Dylan, Young), and three of my favorites who aren't so well known (Steve Earle, Lucinda Williams, and Gillian Welch), probably because they won't compromise their music to fit into any niche. If you get a chance to hear any of these people solo they're well worth a listen.

Jul 28, 2002 at 6:41 PM Post #23 of 24
Well Rick your tastes and mine have coincided so far and I have enjoyed each of your recommendations.
There are three new artists on my list to listen to. Thanks.

I also want to get Jennifer Warnes The Hunter but I haven't had much luck finding it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back