"Leo: Vintage Analog Sound from any Modern Device"
Jan 9, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #2 of 7
Although I don't have a technical degree the amp and arguments seem valid to me. I used to own a great vintage amplifier and I have to admit I still miss the warmth of it. So if this Leo can provide that tonality in a small size package this could be a nice start up.

Do you have any concerns whether or not their claims are true?

May 26, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #4 of 7
Anyone tried this Leo out yet? Shipping started on May 17th.
I was cancelling my pledge earlier, because i had some doubt. There was no detailed technical details available, for example, which opamps they use.
They sell it now through an online store for $99.

https://www.crowdsupply.com/analog-artistry/leo-vintage-analog-sound

I am still curious about it's sound...

kind regards
Fabian

Apr 24, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #6 of 7
Mine plays beautifully with my Minirig 2.1 system and, I discovered yesterday, seems happy enough powered at 5v by USB making it far more usable than I initially thought, seeing as it has no internal battery.
It definitely does what it claims to, providing a satisfyingly warm, vintage -type tone.
I can't get it to pair well with my Flair R2Pro IEMs, and like it a lot less for that role than a decent Askew Labs CMoy that I had and sadly lost.
Maybe it would pair well with open -backed headphones.
Worth it for me for its ability with my Minirigs and definitely a keeper since I can power it with a USB power brick, using a HiFiMe USB filter to clean up the power output.
Can also be powered by 9v e.g. PP3 battery using a simple adapter, but that felt quite inelegant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back