Lenntek Sonix IEM
Jun 11, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #16 of 32
Wow, sounds promising. These could be the next marshmallows or aircushions. The next FOTM. Just need to get more head-fiers to buy them.

Jul 2, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #18 of 32
I just saw this deal recently on slick deals and I might jump on it.

$25 seems to be a great price since I don't have money for the Atrio m5's that I want.

I currently am using the MDR-EX082 that came stock with my 829 and I'm wondering if its worth the upgrade. Does anyone know if these lenntek sonix are better?

Jul 3, 2008 at 12:42 AM Post #19 of 32
I'm still liking them 3 weeks later, I use them mornings when I run, and have a flight tomorrow I'll use them with.
I think Costco just re-upped the offer, as I just got a fresh email from them.

Jul 3, 2008 at 3:43 AM Post #20 of 32
Thanks for the input. I decided to take a shot since they are only $25. I assume they are so cheap b/c lenntek is discontinuing them. Anyways, if i don't like them I could always return them.

MODS: If you would move this thread to the portable iem forum that would be great. Thanks.

Dec 4, 2008 at 7:58 AM Post #22 of 32
i remember these arent too bad. recalling from memory (i gave this pair to my mom couple months back), these had a more of a clear sound, bass was alright, tight and punchy. just dont expect anything high-end. the fitment is like those of the sony ex51/71, so i cant really review these as my ear canal are too large that even the large tips dont fit me
frown.gif

Dec 5, 2008 at 3:33 AM Post #23 of 32
Mine are still going strong, you simply cannot go wrong here for $20. Sound-wise they're fine, of course the source has a LOT to do with it, but I've heard $80 - $100 phones I like a lot less.

May 12, 2009 at 7:20 AM Post #24 of 32
I got a pair of lenntek sonix (black) about a month ago. I wouldnt say im an audiophile but ive recently started to appreciate high quality audio, so i may be a little inexperienced.

I thought you guys might want my opinion.

I got mine for about $20 - great deal from costco
I would say that right out of the box they have quite overpowering bass and mids, but the detail is still there (although drowned out somewhat). They sound like your in a different room. But after some burn in time, the bass evened out nicely. I would still say that they are still a little bass heavy, but the bass is really nice, punchy, high quality, and definitely not muddy. If you tend to prefer mids and lows, but still like a balance, these are definately for you. After improving the treble with EQ, they sounded even much better, and I have to say that the detail is definitely there, and even though the highs could still be improved - they sound really great. Im just being picky about the highs. The mids are just fine and nice and warm. The only time I would hesitate with buying these is if you listen to music that is predominantly treble and high notes. But for most music these are great. and for the price id get them anyways.

and the sound isolation is also very good

The build quality is great, not cheap like the price suggests. they are the first phones that i have not had tangle problems with (the nylon cord is great) they are scratch resistant, and ive heard stories of people swimming with these in their pocket, and they still work... so durability isnt an issue.

Now I dont have years of experience, so I cant really compare them with past headphones ive had (I used to listen to stock ibuds
frown.gif
(). But I did listen to uncompressed files on my ipod and I compared the lennteks to a quite high end stereo system - although its sometimes hard.

I am very happy with mine and I would have been willing to pay a lot more for these.

Jul 4, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #28 of 32
i am thinking of buying these... which is better: the lenntek sonix or the radius atomic bass? I will be exercising with them, and listen to dance music, rap, a little bit of rap and pop...

Oct 14, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #29 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by wahmelon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i am thinking of buying these... which is better: the lenntek sonix or the radius atomic bass? I will be exercising with them, and listen to dance music, rap, a little bit of rap and pop...

here is a vid on a comparison between radius atomic bass and lenntek sonix.

YouTube - Lenntek Sonix vs Radius Atomic Bass

i ended up getting the Lenntek Sonix 3 Braided Cord Earbuds with Microphone for iPhone 3Gs. i like the idea of a braided cord. i actually have nothing to compare these to other than stock sony ericsson 700i headset. i have only recently started looking for and finally decided upon this certain set.

review on Lenntek Sonix 3:

YouTube - Lenntek Sonix 3 Braided Cord Earbuds w/built in Mic

i want to know someone's opinion on the Lenntek Sonix3 -VS- Bose® in-ear headphones

all i have heard ONCE is lenntek sonix3 were better than the bose, and that's about it. no review on specifics with experience.

Oct 14, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #30 of 32
I'm surprised...I got a pair of these on sale at Costco a while back and thought they were absolutely horrible. I returned them the next day. Maybe they have improved? The ones I got weren't worth $5...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back