Lennon or McCartney?
Jan 15, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #16 of 22
  And in all seriousness, Ringo is vastly underrated. I wish he had sung more, and his drumming wasn't bad at all. It was perfect for the type of music they played; crazy drum solos, fast drumming, etc, wouldn't work at all for what they played.

Ringo was an acutely musical drummer.  He was not merely keeping the tempo for his mop-topped compatriots, his performances could easily be identified by each song without any other accompaniment.  Nearly every song the Beatles recorded has a unique percussion element that can be recognized with little effort.  The Beatles: Rock Band game really shows off Ringo's underrated skills.  The Beatles simply burned out.  It was too much, too fast.  What would any of us do if our wildest dreams of fame and fortune were realized before we hit 30?

Jan 21, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #17 of 22
I did not make it through the whole video but I took it as a motivator to look through the authorships of all Beatles songs. 

I like Harrisons best, but John has written more good ones than George. 
After the Beatles, there is no question for me. When I first heard the Wings my reaction was: what the hell is that? Lennon songs are still great even today.

What about: Waters or Gilmour?

Jan 21, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #18 of 22
  I did not make it through the whole video but I took it as a motivator to look through the authorships of all Beatles songs. 

I like Harrisons best, but John has written more good ones than George. 
After the Beatles, there is no question for me. When I first heard the Wings my reaction was: what the hell is that? Lennon songs are still great even today.

What about: Waters or Gilmour?

Waters. 
biggrin.gif
 He was the real brains behind Floyd...though Gilmour's voice and guitar was simply stellar!

Jan 22, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #20 of 22

Yes, probably Gilmour and Waters needed each other much more than Lennon and McCartney.

Agreed. Lennon and McCartney were still very successful separately, Gillmour and Waters......not so much.

Mar 31, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #22 of 22
I listen to the Beatles sometimes, not my favorite band, but definitely top 10. I've listened to some of the individual members's songs, and I can say McCartney had more songs that I enjoyed, so I'd go with McCartney based on just that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back