Leica D-Lux 5 & Lumix DMC-LX5 (TAVES Toronto Audio show - Nov.01, 2013 - Photos)
Jan 3, 2011 at 7:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 174

5aces

500+ Head-Fier
Today,I caved in after posting such a miserable picture in the "How Many Guys Cook" thread.

Knowing that Vistek Camera in Mississauga had only one unit left,I plunked down the coin for the new Baby Leica point and shoot.

Taken with a Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant smart phone:

Here is the Galaxy with my Hi-Def screensaver snatched from the "Show pictures of your glowing tubes" thread,shot with the Leica in auto-macro,no flash:

Here is the Galaxy with the new http://powerampapp.com music player,shot with the flash in the same mode:

This Android music player makes the external speaker output substantially louder and it has a good preamp/equalizer built in.

Since getting this phone,I use it with the JH-13's and PowerAmp player and have been good to go.

Taking such poor camera shots with a cellphone spurred the decision to get the Leica and so far,I really love it!

New learning curve,been away from good photography since 35mm days...

Jan 16, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #3 of 174
ahh, i've always wanted a leica. one day, one day...
rolleyes.gif
 p.s. it looks nice!

Jan 17, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #4 of 174
Love it, I have the D-Lux3 and love it, here is one I took on my recent trip to Banff, Love the way Leica handles light!

Jan 17, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #6 of 174

Quote:
that picture is amazing. it seems that any picture taken with a leica is a masterpiece.

Thank you, If you see other pictures I post on the forum you can certainly tell that this one is 99% the greatness of the camera and 1% the user! It was windy that day (New Years day) and around -35 with wind chill so I was even more impressed the little Leica performed so well. You can see what looks like cloud on the middle peak, it was in fact the wind blowing the snow off!

If anyone wants to take the same picture when in Banff it was at the bottom of Bow Falls just at the bend in the Bow river. A ten minute walk behind me in that location is the Banff springs hotel.
Here is another that I took quickly due to the extreme cold. I had set the excellent controls on the Leica to give me a good depth of field. Hope you like it!

All I did with these photo's was to make them black and white and adjust the contrast a little, oh and crop them. Oh forgot, on the first one I put a little agfa tone that the free photo edit program I use has in it's features

Feb 4, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #7 of 174
Wonderful,inspiring photography.

Finally have all the pieces in place to bash about with the new Lieca.

A good book:

Case and small tripod:

Auto Lens Cover:

Hard LCD Cover:

Leica Handgrip:
Thanks for the replies,it shows what this camera can really do.

Feb 5, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #8 of 174

Quote:
Wonderful,inspiring photography.

Finally have all the pieces in place to bash about with the new Lieca.

A good book:

Case and small tripod:

Auto Lens Cover:

Hard LCD Cover:

Leica Handgrip:
Thanks for the replies,it shows what this camera can really do.

I like all the accessories, that auto lens cover looks especially neat. I am looking forward to seeing some pictures!

Apr 24, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #10 of 174
An Update. I decided to upgrade to the D-LUX5 as well, will be here tomorrow!

Apr 25, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #12 of 174

You will enjoy the new model.

Here are a few shots of my last outing,first weekend of April the annual Elmira Maple Syrup Festival.
Used dummy mode as I have failing eyesight.
Really great camera,looking at the girl on the Fudge Stand says it all,Nudge Nudge here's the Fudge says her toker boyfriend! ha ha...fun times.

Apr 25, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #13 of 174
They look great!

Apr 27, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #14 of 174
Well, got my 5 and it is so much better than the 3. Love the fast lens and how easy it is to use manual controls. Bokeh is far superior to the 3 and screen a delight to use. Love that it comes with lightroom 3 as well. Gonna have fun with raw!

Macro is amazing. Just got to get a new case as the one on my 3 is too small!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back