Lehmann Black Cube Linear Vs Earmax Pro Advice
Mar 15, 2006 at 5:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

TheMooN

New Head-Fier
Perhaps a long shot however I am hoping to hear user feed back from any forum member who Is \ has run both of these amps I am currently considering .

Both tend to receive high praise in isolation however I would love to hear how they stack up against each other .

Ta!

Mar 15, 2006 at 5:34 PM Post #2 of 3
I have had the Lehmann BC linear.

It is excellent for under $1000 - well defined bass, dynamic punch, sharp edged transients, excellent image definition with empty space around the tones. However has some tone leanness as do all solid state amps. I prefer a tube amp for more tone body, but then you might sacrifice some of the god points of the Lehmann. My hybrid is the only thing I can find that gives me the best of solid state and tube amplification.

I recommend the BLAudio LP-1 MK II for $325 total. Click on my link in my equipment listing. It is as good as the Lehmann except, slightly less bass, and slightly softer tone edge definition. However, it is superior to any solid state amp in smoothness and sweetness, and is good for harsh sources. It needs a headphone impedance of 100 ohms or more - use .5 watt 75 ohm metal film resistors soldered in the positive line of both the left and right headphone output leads for headphones of less than 95 ohms nominal impedance (or simply ise an Etymotic 4P to 4S converter which boosts impedabnce by 75 ohms).

Feb 22, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #3 of 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back