Legit CX500?
Jul 19, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #6 of 27
I own the CX500 and comparing my pair to those pics in the auction. All the pics look legit, except that the sennheiser logo in the left earbud pic looks like the paint is wearing off. Whereas, my CX500's do not show any wear on the logo on the back of both left and right earbuds. Maybe it is a dirty mirror or they are used?

I see why you would want to get this deal because the free shipping means that this price can't be beat for the CX500. However, if you want to make sure purchase authentic model then use the google product search website.

Jul 19, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #7 of 27
I'm pretty sure they're fake.
I've compared them to my own cx500s (which, for the record, I bought from futureshop), and I've noticed a couple of things - the mesh in the filters have... larger spaces between (tell me if I'm making no sense). Also, although I have the brown ones, the filters are silvery, not brownish like in the pic.
Lastly, I can't really tell, but it looks like there aren't any double-flange tips, and they should come with several sets.

Jul 19, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #8 of 27
There are double-flanged tips in all the pics, except the one with everything out of the package but the angle of that pic sucks. My mesh filter thing is also silver colour.

Jul 19, 2009 at 8:55 AM Post #11 of 27
By the pics it's not so clear, but the engraved line that divides in two the silver ring on the casing looks to be in the center of the ring itself. On the genuine cx it should be placed at about 1/3 of the ring. But, as I've said, the pics are not so clear.
confused_face_2.gif
That worn out "S" looks very suspicious to me too...

Cheers
K

Jul 19, 2009 at 1:25 PM Post #13 of 27
Sorry, comparing them to mine they look fake. The logo on the earpieces is very suspicious as well as the volume control.

Even more so: "We do not ship to Germany!!!" Now you know the reason!
wink.gif

Bummer, 'cause you can get legit CX 500 for that price!

Jul 19, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #14 of 27
got a 33 image report on fake cx500's here.The answer is that i hate looking at those photo's because for the most part you can't really tell if they fake or not.

david1978jp makes a good point. this seller is selling obvious fake PX200's. Give me a shout when you find out, and I'll stick this seller in the 'Name and Shame' section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back