Legit check: Shure i2c-m
Aug 2, 2008 at 5:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Amuse

100+ Head-Fier
Are these real or fake?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mario_tsui /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought a pair of Shure i2c-m, but I'm questioning its authenticity.

I've read thru some posts and realized that the # at the TRS plug is the date code; there is a date code on my TRS plug but it's not gold in color. And for some odd reason, it says "Patents Pending" on the Y-connector. Is this normal? I've posted some pics below (dun mind the sleeves... I've replaced em with the marshmallow ones)

dsc01198do7.jpg

dsc01199ab9.jpg

dsc01200ve7.jpg

dsc01186wh9.jpg

dsc01191qw7.jpg

This is my 1st time owning a pair of "better" earphones (i was using the modded marshmallows before this). Althou I don't have high hopes for em being authentic, I would still like to know. Can someone please help me? Thanks~

I guess this forum fits the OP's post more than the other forum.
Original thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/hel...-i2c-m-349305/

Aug 6, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #4 of 17
Those look pretty real to me. If they are fake, they are very good fakes. Can you post pictures of the packaging they came in?

Aug 6, 2008 at 7:33 PM Post #6 of 17
DoomzDays echoed the thoughts I had when I made my previous post. The logo looks right but the patent pending does NOT. Also, I just checked my e2c, and the date code should be stamped horizontally, not vertically like it is in your picture. I'm gonna call fakes on these. We really need a shure person to know for shure (haha) though.

Aug 8, 2008 at 4:39 AM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoomzDayz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
now that you mentioned it, it is upside down, and the L is a little shorter on the bottom than normal and the R looks weird.

http://images.buzzillions.com/images..._90736_raw.jpg

fake! a very good one

I guess They are upside down. WOW this is a good fake!! May I ask where you purchased them?

Aug 8, 2008 at 4:23 PM Post #10 of 17
Hi Guys,

This is Sean from Shure. All of the markings on the pictures you've posted look accurate. There is nothing in the thread to make me think this is a fake. Are there any other reasons you think it might be fake?

Aug 8, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #11 of 17
they look fake:

compare the R and the L to this picture:

the ones you posted look not very bold, and i don't think that patent pending is right...

31Xr44mBg9L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Aug 8, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #12 of 17
Also the logo is on the wrong side of the buds if you examine the pictures closely.

Aug 8, 2008 at 8:27 PM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Queequeg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Guys,

This is Sean from Shure. All of the markings on the pictures you've posted look accurate. There is nothing in the thread to make me think this is a fake. Are there any other reasons you think it might be fake?

Hi Sean,

So the Shure logo of the i2c-m is supposed to be upside down? unlike the e2c?
Also, the i2c-m is supposed to have "patents pending"?

Thanks

Aug 8, 2008 at 8:36 PM Post #14 of 17
well this picture (not mine) makes things more interesting:
1138232801_28dffa18b1_o.jpg

But I can't really see if the logo is upside down or not

I purchased them from a cell phone accessory store in the US. It came in OEM (I guess) bubble packaging with mismatched sized tips.

Aug 8, 2008 at 9:25 PM Post #15 of 17
Claims of OEM and bulk are very suspicious, because as far as I know Shure does not sell in OEM or bulk packaging, only the retail packaging (such as the one in the picture). If there is an exception for this model be shure to tell me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back