legendary pcdp's sold as new
Mar 4, 2003 at 5:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Sentral Dogma

500+ Head-Fier
Hi,
I was wondering if anybody knew if there are legendary pcdp's being sold as new (totally unused) and where I could purchase them?

The only one i could find from searching the boards is the D25s from silicon salvage, and the d25s is only quasi legendary.

Thanks

Mar 4, 2003 at 5:43 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Sentral Dogma
Hi,
I was wondering if anybody knew if there are legendary pcdp's being sold as new (totally unused) and where I could purchase them?

The only one i could find from searching the boards is the D25s from silicon salvage, and the d25s is only quasi legendary.

Thanks

If there are any new ones out there, they're probably sitting in peoples' closets collecting dust..
frown.gif
While I wouldn't doubt that some shop has a stock of one or two NIB units of possibly the D-777 or the D-E905, I highly doubt anything like the D-555, D-303, D-515 would still be around, as it's been 10+ years.. and no shop in their right mind keeps something around that long.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 4, 2003 at 6:35 PM Post #3 of 7
I have an absolutely MINT Sony D-50 which will be for sale shortly. It is in perfect condition with the 240V AC in module and it sounds superb. This is the very first Discman that Sony produced and it's built like a tank.

There are a couple of other vintage machines in the pipeline - a D-555 and D-350 - again in very good condition - I will post ads with pics here first before using E-bay.

Let me know if you're interested.

Mar 4, 2003 at 6:38 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Peddler
There are a couple of other vintage machines in the pipeline - a D-555 and D-350 - again in very good condition - I will post ads with pics here first before using E-bay.

How much are you peddling the D-555 away for?
smily_headphones1.gif
I might be interested..

You can always e-mail me at: headfi@vwap.net
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 6, 2003 at 12:40 PM Post #6 of 7
I'm willing to bet that if you go to Manhattan and walk up and down Canal St (betweeen 6th Ave & Broadway), and dig into the stock in some of those stores, you will come up with more than a few brand new Panny 470's and 570. Probably pretty good prices too. I don't you'd find anything older than that though.

Mar 6, 2003 at 1:22 PM Post #7 of 7
I purchased my Sony DEJ50 from one of the shops in singapore brand new......well its not that fantastic sounding when compared to a D515 but its the second most expensive discman that Sony has ever made.....if I am not wrong+

Users who are viewing this thread

Back