Legendary PCDPs gallery
Aug 19, 2002 at 5:11 AM Post #31 of 136
Massive updates on the D-5/D-50 and D10/D-100 sections above. Due to fact that this thread is now become so graphical intensive, some pics may not load properly at the 1st attempt. Clink reload or hit F5 if the pics don't show up.

Aug 24, 2002 at 4:52 AM Post #32 of 136
I want a D50MKII....sheesh!
I just got a D5A from Canada...it seems to sport the same matte black finish on the cover as the D14.
Freakin Sony and their marketing efforts...it seems they just want to confuse us...lol
The docking stations seem the same. The Canadian version of course has French instructions. The unit itself is devoid of any manufacturers dates. It does however boast a serial number.
If I may say: Katsu's posts of the D5 show it with I think what's called a Powershell...You dock the D5 to an accessory that carried six "C" cells and closed a cover over it to hold it in place. That's the unit that is shoulder carried.
I'll try to get a D303 pic up.
md

Aug 24, 2002 at 6:09 AM Post #33 of 136
Quote:

Originally posted by millerdog
dock the D5 to an accessory that carried six "C" cells and closed a cover over it to hold it in place. That's the unit that is shoulder carried.
md

redface.gif
redface.gif
redface.gif

Wow didn't know that. You could even power military grade radio with that kind of power
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally posted by millerdog

md

Yes, pls. Seems like I am the only one who is posting
frown.gif

Aug 24, 2002 at 7:19 AM Post #34 of 136
Katsudon,
My comp is still down. Hopefully, I don't have to format my hard drive, b/c I have plenty of pictures on many great discmans. Very nice idea for this thread.

Purk

Aug 30, 2002 at 1:56 AM Post #35 of 136
Come on, we need pics of the D515. I would but mine won't be back from the Sony Repair Center til next week.

To my sense, I like the D515's looks over almost all the others--built like a tank compared to the newer models that almost look they were fashioned by the same folks who built the old YUGO car, yet not as blocky and plain as the D303 and not as space-agey as the newer models.

The D515 is Juuuuuuuust right in my opinion. So let's get some pics of it up--hires pics, too--none of those pics where the object in the photo could be anything from a microwave to a chocolate mouse.

Aug 30, 2002 at 1:51 PM Post #36 of 136
You know guys? Perhaps this thread should be an indendent section, like a list of recomended components.

Sep 1, 2002 at 5:04 AM Post #37 of 136
Sep 3, 2002 at 5:54 PM Post #40 of 136
Deejay bump,
I've more pics along the way. I just try to get the D-515 pics to be up. I'll update the link and let you guys know laterz.

Purk

Kin3tix,
It tooks me almost a year to collect those item. It is much more difficult to collect now, b/c many people knows that these players are way better than the newer ones, especially, people here in Headfi and headwize.

Sep 4, 2002 at 8:31 AM Post #42 of 136
Katsudon,
I did try to do that, but there was a problem with the imagestation. The pics didn't show up when I try to do it regularly. Moreover, I don't have a website to upload the pics to.
Purk

Sep 6, 2002 at 6:08 AM Post #44 of 136
Netsurfer,
Thanks soooo much...

Purk
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back