Legend X or U18T
Sep 10, 2018 at 11:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

harishmirror

100+ Head-Fier
Hello Experts,

I am in the process of deciding between Legend X, Fourte and U18t (all universal).

Currently I have a wide list of IEMs such as the 7550. EX1000, Z5, 846, Andromeda and Vega. I am a basshead, but love the Andros for the staging, highs and width, they get all my attention. Now planning to hold on to the Andros and sell the rest , then upgrade to a premium IEM.

Like most, I dont have the liberty to test them 1st hand myself. Which is insane when I am ready to shell over >2K. So kindly suggest me the differences between both. My preferences are listed below,

1) Basshead
2) I will hold on to the Andro's hence prefer the next IEM to have a different signature.
3) Planning to replace the Vega, 7550 and Z5, which means I am facing bass deficiency.
4) Will be using WM1Z as dap and at times :beer: + the undisputed Fiio E11 for skull thumping bass.

Based on your words I am planning to decide selling all my current IEMs and upgrade myself. Thanks for all your help.

Sep 26, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #5 of 8
I've seen some people relate the U18 to the Andros, so similar sigs. If you want a 64audio with more bass itll have to either be the N8 or the U12t.

Might i refer you to this exceptional breakdown of hybrid IEMS by crinacle? i love it
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cri...-22-09-18-update.857498/page-34#post-14318342

Tried both the U18t and LX breifly. I guess LX is the way to go even though U18 is more accurate, LX is pure fun. I felt the U18 was like being physically present in one of those bright landscape scenaries , LX was like a night club. Having the Andro's am done with scenaries, heading to the night club now.

Sep 26, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #6 of 8
Tried both the U18t and LX breifly. I guess LX is the way to go even though U18 is more accurate, LX is pure fun. I felt the U18 was like being physically present in one of those bright landscape scenaries , LX was like a night club. Having the Andro's am done with scenaries, heading to the night club now.
I second that decision. I am thoroughly enjoying the LX :)

Oct 5, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #7 of 8
Just picked up A18...

...and planning to pick up LX next.

Both are completely different, but both have captivatingly TOTL and unique sigs.

The dual W9 subs on the LX present cohesive power and low-end like nothing I've ever heard in an IEM. Considering your #1 need is bass, you'd be hard-pressed to do better than the LX.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back