Lefty Wins!!!
Apr 12, 2004 at 12:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

elrod-tom

Moderator - Prefers "stereo weirdo" to "audiophile"
I just finished watching what has to be the most exciting Masters final round since Jack Nicklaus last won it back in '86. What a story...and what a final put to win it.

So much for "best golfer never to win a major". Congrats to Phil Mickelson, a good guy who earned this victory.
biggrin.gif

Apr 12, 2004 at 12:50 AM Post #2 of 15
no doubt, great putt, clutch all the way. not something mickelson has been known for in the past. it was awesome to see. i think it's true about tiger though, he's in love and out of contention....

Apr 12, 2004 at 2:21 AM Post #7 of 15
I'm right there with Demolition ... always root for them two.

Although I'm not a " golfer " .. I just smack the hell out of balls at the range every once in a while with a BFD ...
redface.gif

Apr 12, 2004 at 3:01 AM Post #8 of 15
I've been rooting for Mickleson in the majors for the past few years now but now he's finally done it. I was so excited for him when he made that put on the 18th. This was definitely the most exciting Masters that I have personally seen.

Apr 12, 2004 at 3:30 AM Post #9 of 15
His putt reminded me of Mark O'Meara's putt to win a couple of years ago. I liked O'Meara, but would have loved to see Freddie Couples pull out another Green Jacket.

I too am a fan of Els, but it was Mickelson's time. He deserved this one. Especially after the late Payne Stewart's victory over him in the U.S. Open.

Apr 12, 2004 at 4:04 AM Post #10 of 15
i used to watch a lot of golf 3-4 years ago .
i tuned into the masters and i saw this guy that i thought was colin montgomerie and the guy was walking up the hill with the head down walking toward the camera- to my surprise - it was phil mickelson .

he gained a lot of weight lately - but a nice win here at augusta though.

Apr 12, 2004 at 2:58 PM Post #12 of 15
I was pleased for Phil, but very disappointed for the Big Easy. It was probably the best closing afternoon of a tournament that I have seen in ages.

The last Masters (1996?) that I thought was as sad/exciting was when Greg Normal blew it big time and Faldo came through to win.

I am off to the Open in July and if the Masters can be any indication of the calibre of the current stock of world class players, it should be well worth being there.

Apr 12, 2004 at 5:12 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by screwdriver
i

he gained a lot of weight lately - but a nice win here at augusta though.

Yeah, Golf and Sumo seem to be about the last major sports in which really fat guys can do well. Even most NASCAR drivers are now in decent shape!

Apr 12, 2004 at 8:46 PM Post #15 of 15
As a lefty myself I am glad to hear about Phil's victory. Well deserved if I may say so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back