Lefthanded Fountain Pen?
Sep 2, 2006 at 12:12 AM Post #31 of 35
GlendaleViper,
Yes, that came a bit to late but thanks for posting it anyway. It's good info to remember.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm afraid I need some more advise.
frown.gif

My pens skips and it scratches a quite a bit more than I expected from a pen >€5.

I've tried to hold it at different angles but only the angle I'm used to with fountain pens works. Anything slightly off and there's no ink comming out at all. So I cleand the pen, with water under the tap. But it didn't seem very dirty. Didn't take long for the water to look clear. But it still skips. I tried all sorts of paper.

Anyone got some tips that I can try. Should I be more patient?

Sep 2, 2006 at 12:19 AM Post #32 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by lini
Always at your service, my dear young lady from the Lands of Nether.
smily_headphones1.gif

And yes, I even told you so recently in another thread on a sidenote - as well as that I was still in need of inspiration for an extra to include, but I think I've got an idea now...
wink.gif

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Yes, I remember you asked me for a inspiration. But I couldn't think of any at the time. And after a week or so when it crossed my mind again and I still couldn't think of anything I didn't want to bump the thread for nothing.

BTW, I thought you were back in Munich?

Sep 2, 2006 at 1:52 AM Post #33 of 35
Argh, just lost a lengthy reply... so in short:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
BTW, I thought you were back in Munich?

I've already been there for "throwing out stuff & renewing my old place - episode 1" for a week, but I'm back here to finally finish a few articles for the job now. After that I should be mostly in Munich, but also back here once or twice more, until I should really be back to Munich at the end of October. So much for the plan - I just hope my not so great health won't put obstacles in my way again...

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Sep 8, 2006 at 3:59 PM Post #34 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
I'm afraid I need some more advise.
frown.gif

My pens skips and it scratches a quite a bit more than I expected from a pen >€5.

I've tried to hold it at different angles but only the angle I'm used to with fountain pens works. Anything slightly off and there's no ink comming out at all. So I cleand the pen, with water under the tap. But it didn't seem very dirty. Didn't take long for the water to look clear. But it still skips. I tried all sorts of paper.

Anyone got some tips that I can try. Should I be more patient?

I don't know if anyone was still cares how this ended, but just for the record.
The problem is solved. I emailed the place I got it from and they send me a new penhead, actually they send me two after I mentioned that I found the medium nib a bit too broad and wasn't sure I made the right decission. I got a medium and fine nib to try and both were OK and I kept the fine nib and returned the other two.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back