Left my Denon 1001 on a flight last night..now getting IEM
Nov 21, 2008 at 3:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Trav

500+ Head-Fier
Yep i forgot my Denon 1001 on a flight last night so some lucky soul sitting in seat 1A got a nice present. So now I'm getting some IEM's. My home set are amped AKG 240S that i love dearly. Between Ety, Shure, and UE which set do you gents prefer and why. I listen to Steely Dan, Al DiMeola, Chris Botti, Al Turner, Marcus Miller, all in SACD. I will drive these off a BSG custom amp mated with a first gen 8GB IPOD touch. As you can see by my love of the AKG i'm not terribly fond of bright, terribly forward sound. I would beat feet over the city and audition buds but too pressed for time at present. I have come to trust you all's ears a pretty darn good bit so help me out gents! Under $200 please. Ty

Nov 21, 2008 at 6:04 PM Post #2 of 3
I would suggest the Klipsch Image X10s right now, going for $175 until Nov. 30th from Klipsch.com. You could also consider their Custom 3's, although the Custom 3 has less bass/warmth and higher clarity than the X10, as well as being dual driver.

You would also do well to look at the Sleek Audio SA6 (customizable sound signature with swappable ports for bass and treble) and Future Sonics Atrio M5 (Bass heavy, but nice sounding IEMs).

All of these options run about $150-$200, and any would probably meet your needs. In the end it boils down to what you want out of your sound and what kind of IEMs you're likely to prefer (single driver/dual driver, customizable, bass heavy/light, crisper sound (SA6/Custom 3) vs. warmer sound (X10/M5), etc.).

Nov 21, 2008 at 10:11 PM Post #3 of 3
I think ER4p/s is the best choice under $200. I think it's a little like my K240DF but not K240M. Sorry, I have no idea about the S. But I think you may like that kind of sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back